cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dillard Ga Area RV park suggestions ?

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
We are thinking of going up around Dillard Ga. in late Sept.
We have a 43' MH and pull a pickup truck so we are looking for a big rig friendly park.
Looking on the web, I see River Vista and Franklin RV Park as potential candidates.
Any first hand experience with either ? Thanks !
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard
20 REPLIES 20

Boldtning
Explorer
Explorer
If you look at Google Earth photos of the area as I did because, we are at River Vista now and wanted to see where the RV & B was, it is fairly close to 441 but you must either go further north on 441 and come back on country roads or exit 441 south and take country roads more north. I haven't actually driven there yet as I am perfectly happy at River Vista. JoeH, you may want to look at Google Earth. JMO
Jeff & Barbie
2010 Keystone Alpine 3500RE
Dodge Ram 3500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4X2 SRW, 6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Crystal River, FL/Dillard, GA/ USA

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Beth--- any more info ?
Joe

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Beth Turner wrote:
Cardinal Ridge RV & B is everything their website says and more! We loved it!
We enjoyed the breakfast one morning, my daughter said that was the
highlight of the trip. We stayed in Site 2 and had an amazing view. Super nice couple, we will be back!

Thanks for the update..... looking at the map, it looks like it's pretty close to 441 ... how were the roads going into the facility ?
Joe

Beth_Turner
Explorer
Explorer
Cardinal Ridge RV & B is everything their website says and more! We loved it!
We enjoyed the breakfast one morning, my daughter said that was the
highlight of the trip. We stayed in Site 2 and had an amazing view. Super nice couple, we will be back!
Beth Turner
Sandersville, Ga.
2008 Monaco Camelot
RV'ing with the kids!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cardinal Ridge Farm RV & B is where they are going instead. Terrific views at Cardinal Ridge Farm RV & B too! Plenty of space in the sites which is nicer than the parking lot feel of River Vista.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Red_Eagle
Explorer
Explorer
The pull-thru sites behind the pool area are definitely long enough for your rig. I have always enjoyed our stay at River Vista. Nice park and close to Highlands, the Chatooga River area, Franklin N.C. etc.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Beth Turner wrote:
We are going to that area and will be staying at an "RV & B"...I came across it online...it is called Cardinal Ridge Farm RV & B...after we go I will reply again and let you know how it is. We have a 42 foot motorhome. The couple that owns the place has an RV themselves. Their website is really nice, check it out.

Great, let us know....
Joe

Beth_Turner
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to that area and will be staying at an "RV & B"...I came across it online...it is called Cardinal Ridge Farm RV & B...after we go I will reply again and let you know how it is. We have a 42 foot motorhome. The couple that owns the place has an RV themselves. Their website is really nice, check it out.
Beth Turner
Sandersville, Ga.
2008 Monaco Camelot
RV'ing with the kids!

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Boldtning wrote:
RE: River Vista, if you check out the long pull thru sites, you'll see that there is more than sufficient space between sites and they are plenty long. The Great Outdoors, which I assume you are referring to in Franklin has no pull-thru sites as I recall. Most of the pictures of River Vista are of the non pull thru section---they are closer together.

The place in Franklin doesn't seem to be a Great Outdoors facility at least there is nothing regarding it on their website Their rate page does refer to 70' pull thru sites
Joe

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
I am still wayne_tw wrote:
Black Rock Mountain State park has a 25 foot RV limit. Anyone who has driven the road to the the park will readily understand this limit.

Yep, with 40+ feet at Black Rock Mountain, you would be taking both lanes and scrubbing the mountain with the side of your coach.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
JoeH wrote:
magnusfide wrote:
Of the two, we prefer Franklin RV Park because it's more of a park like setting.

River Vista sites are so close together they reminded us of a parking lot. Won't go back there.

Black Rock Mountain State Park sites are too short to accommodate the length of your mh. The road up there is serpentine and steep in places. Beautiful view at the top and certainly worth a day trip.

Tallulah Gorge State Park has some sites that will hold your rig. The cg is run by Georgia Power. Give them a call and check on sites available for your rig 706-754-7979.

In looking at the websites, I too got the impression that River Vista was sort of packed in close together.
For Franklin RV park, are the access and internal roads reasonably navigable with a big rig towing ? Thanks !

We had no problem at Franklin when we had the travel trailer and full length pickup which was 47 feet total. The nice part about Franklin is it is close enough to the state lines that you can enjoy both Mountain City/Dillard/Clayton GA and Franklin, NC.

Franklin has the Scottish Tartans Museum and just west of there is the John C. Campbell Folk School.

There's a number of great day trips within a short distance of Franklin, including water falls, hikes etc. We enjoyed our time there.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Dixiechick
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed our stay at River Vista and did not find the sites to be very close. This is a membership park that rents sites to non-members and we found the resort to be very clean and well managed.
Cathy and Don, finally retired :B
Cats-Whiskers the Princess and Shadow the Baby
2008 Allegro Class A Open Road 32'

Boldtning
Explorer
Explorer
RE: River Vista, if you check out the long pull thru sites, you'll see that there is more than sufficient space between sites and they are plenty long. The Great Outdoors, which I assume you are referring to in Franklin has no pull-thru sites as I recall. Most of the pictures of River Vista are of the non pull thru section---they are closer together.
Jeff & Barbie
2010 Keystone Alpine 3500RE
Dodge Ram 3500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4X2 SRW, 6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Crystal River, FL/Dillard, GA/ USA

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
magnusfide wrote:
Of the two, we prefer Franklin RV Park because it's more of a park like setting.

River Vista sites are so close together they reminded us of a parking lot. Won't go back there.

Black Rock Mountain State Park sites are too short to accommodate the length of your mh. The road up there is serpentine and steep in places. Beautiful view at the top and certainly worth a day trip.

Tallulah Gorge State Park has some sites that will hold your rig. The cg is run by Georgia Power. Give them a call and check on sites available for your rig 706-754-7979.

In looking at the websites, I too got the impression that River Vista was sort of packed in close together.
For Franklin RV park, are the access and internal roads reasonably navigable with a big rig towing ? Thanks !
Joe