cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

End of season

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
In a few words, tell us how this season went for you.
31 REPLIES 31

EsoxLucius
Explorer
Explorer
We left Rodeo, NM on 3-31. Santa Fe tomorrow.
2013 LTV Unity MB Theater Seats
635 watts solar panels, 440 AH batteries, BlueSky Solar Boost 3024iL & IPN-Pro Remote, Magnum MS2000 & ME-RC50 remote
Koni Shocks F & R, Hellwig 7254, SumoSprings F & R
2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox Aladdin/Patriot

DustyR
Explorer
Explorer
DustyR wrote:
alfredmay wrote:
This was the best winter in the Rio Grande Valley in a long time. The temps were warmer than normal with little rain.

X-2

Staying until mid April at the earliest.
Lots of things to do and gonna enjoy it.

X-3

Very enjoyable winter.
2016 Open Range 319RLS
Tow Vehicle: 2008 Silverado 2500 HD
Duramax, Allison Transmission.

Retired_andLove
Explorer
Explorer
Great weather in RGV. Left Wednesday March 30. Arrived home in Iowa Friday April 1. April Fools to me. Came home to freezing temps.
Randy & Dianne
2013 Tiffin Allegro

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
We have had a great Season here in the RGV. Much better than last Year.
God Bless!

CabinetmakerII
Explorer
Explorer
We arrived in Yuma in December after spending a snowy Thanksgiving in Idaho. This is our fourth season here and have made many friends. It is always good to see them again. This was a "wetter" than normal winter for us. We had not seen much rain in the desert Southwest previously. Lots of activities over the holidays and happy hour somewhere almost every evening. Our reservations are in place for next season. We are pulling chalks on April 5th. We are headed to Alaska this summer! See you down the road!
Cabinetmaker

2021 DRV 39 DBRS3
2017 F-450 4X4, Riece 24K Hitch
2011 F-450 4X4, Companion 18K Hitch, Air Bags (Retired)
2012 Cyclone 3800, 5th Airborne Kingpin (Retired)
2018 Polairs 1000 XP Side by Side

Sqdancecaller
Explorer
Explorer
Our first time as snowbirds here in the Florida Keys has been great and time has flown by. Weather for the most part has been good. A few times of windy and wet but we knew it was a possibility. We have made so many new friends and enjoyed the fun times with them.
We are not leaving until Mar. 30th stopping in Port Charlotte for a square dance and visit with friends in that area. Will head back toward Ohio on the 1st or 2nd. Hope to make it home by the 6th for our youngest grandaughter's birthday.
We are coming back next winter and will be more experienced in the ways of snowbirding.
2013 Thor Chateau 32 ft.

MTHome
Explorer
Explorer
This was our first year snowbirding. We headed south from Rhinebeck, NY mid-October and made it to FL by mid-Nov. We spent most of the winter around the Fanning Springs area. It was ok. It didn't bother us there isn't a ton to do. I'm getting ready for spring shows and my husband ended up traveling for work quite a bit.

We leave here next week and head to TN, NC and VA, before heading west to the Grand Canyon May 1. Then it's up to Teton for Memorial Day before ending up in Ennis, MT for the summer.

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Still in FL until 3-24. Left MI the day after Christmas and have enjoyed another fine year in Crystal River. Heading up to Savannah, GA and Asheville, NC for about a week on the way back to MI.

On the plus side: Our golf league never got rained out this year, although in January and early February I did put on a pair of longjohns a few times. The weather overall was fine while a bit cooler in late January and early February.

On the negative side: There were NO negatives that I can think of other than the pollen was a bit thick in March.

Will be back at the same place next year, but for 4 months rather than 3.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

rolling_rhoda
Explorer
Explorer
It was my first season, and I was solo for most of it. LOVE the temperate weather, friendly RVers, and new things to explore.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
az99 wrote:
PackerBacker wrote:

Now we'll get ready for our summer season that starts in the NY Adirondacks at the beginning of May.
Get the black fly repellent ready.:)
Fortunately we are in an area that does the BTI treatments in the streams and it helps some.

We've been pretty lucky in recent years the black flys haven't been too bad; mosquitos on the other hand have been terrible. Fortunately they seem to be only out in the early evening; nothing like a smokie campfire to help keep them away.

... Eric

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Not over for another month.

az99
Explorer
Explorer
PackerBacker wrote:

Now we'll get ready for our summer season that starts in the NY Adirondacks at the beginning of May.
Get the black fly repellent ready.:)
Fortunately we are in an area that does the BTI treatments in the streams and it helps some.

cheteckie
Explorer
Explorer
we are in Tucson for another month. This is our first year as Snowbirds, and we're having a great time! A week in Branson in October, Halloween in Amarillo, Thanksgiving in Las Vegas, Christmas in Tucson, it doesn't get better than that!
2013 Allegro Bus
2013 Subaru WRX

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
Our winter down here in Silver Springs FL has just flown by. We were so busy looking for property, checking out the area more deeply, shopping regularly, socializing, eating out... good grief, where did the winter go? We loved every minute of it and are not looking forward to going home to TN to sell the house and a lot more we wont be bringing back here to FL with us. We are downsizing all the way around.
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~