cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Exploring Nevada - Dyer

Off_Pavement
Explorer II
Explorer II
Located near the California/Nevada border on Nevada state highway 264 along the east side of the White Mountains, the town of Dyer Nevada boasts a population of 259, a gas station/general store, "The Boonies" restaurant, and the Esmeralda RV Park and Cabins.

We were looking for cooler temperatures and if 100 sounds hot, please consider that it was 15 degrees cooler than at our place in southern Nevada. We nearly had the RV park to ourselves and most of the gravel sites are well shaded. Nightly rate of $25 includes free DVD library at the general store. The restrooms and showers were clean though we didn't use them, most sites are pull through, but big rigs might have issues, and full hookups and 50/30/20 amp power is available at all the sites. Even an interesting area with antiques and old buildings.

We were looking for boondocking sites and founds them in both the White Mountains along the California/Nevada border, and Silver Peak Mountains to east of the Fish Lake Valley.

Here are a few pix we took while exploring the area...

A really unusual town in the area is Silver Peak. It's current claim to fame are lithium evaporation ponds, but I'd have a hard time describing the town itself...

The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!
Please Support Multiple Use of our Public Lands!

Brian Hoag
www.rv-camping.org
'10 Sunseeker Class C - Gozer II
'13 Jeep JKU (Wrangler) - Billie

9 REPLIES 9

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
Thank-you for your info. We should be there this fall or next spring.
2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Toller Mousse: Chocolate Standard Poodle cross
Blitzen: Black Standard Poodle
Photography Website
Photography Blog

Off_Pavement
Explorer II
Explorer II
clikrf8 wrote:
Can you tell me where the cabin and interesting rock formations are. We have been in that area several times and must have missed them.

Coyote road runs from not far from the Fish Lake Valley hot well all the way to Silver Peak, and both the cabin and rock formations are along this road. You can't miss the cabin, and formations were north of the road further east if I remember correctly.
The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!
Please Support Multiple Use of our Public Lands!

Brian Hoag
www.rv-camping.org
'10 Sunseeker Class C - Gozer II
'13 Jeep JKU (Wrangler) - Billie

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

russelln
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed there back in 2008. We nearly ran out of gas and came upon Dyer.....thank goodness. Gas and a campground!!!

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
Can you tell me where the cabin and interesting rock formations are. We have been in that area several times and must have missed them.
2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Toller Mousse: Chocolate Standard Poodle cross
Blitzen: Black Standard Poodle
Photography Website
Photography Blog

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been to Dyer and Fish Lake Valley many times. It is a very laid back place.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

windinmyface2
Explorer
Explorer
thank you for the 'peek'. I have friends that are in the process of moving there.
lets go!!

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
Cool, very interesting, thanks

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.