cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fan Plans

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you a fan of museums? Re-enactments? Ren Faires? Cook offs? Rodeos? TV shows? Star parties? Sci-fi conventions? Etc etc.

You can post your favorites here.

Thread inspired by the request in the Star Trek thread.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
8 REPLIES 8

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
the Calgary stampede has the wildest and best chuck wagon races i have ever seen.
they take them very serious and it is a lot of fun to witness

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
The best chuck wagon races are in Clinton Arkansas ( I have not been to those). We are going to Loretta Linns ranch in a couple of weeks.there is usually some outside of Murray Ky this month also but Iโ€™m not sure exactly when.

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
For Drag Racing fans I recommend The Don Garlits museum in Ocala FL
Motorcycle fans (and folks who appreciate fine machinery) need to visit the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum in Birmingham AL
Of course there is the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green KY

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Diamond c wrote:
My daughters and I love to go to horse and mule pulls. ( I know I my catch some flack by some uninformed people) and Chuck wagon races. Does that count?

Those do count and sound like fun.

I'd love me some chuck wagon races. Where are the best ones?
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Ren Faires, country fairs, craft fairs, re-enactments top our list.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
My daughters and I love to go to horse and mule pulls. ( I know I my catch some flack by some uninformed people) and Chuck wagon races. Does that count?

dedmiston
We love the Ren Faire, but ours is closed again this year.

https://renfair.com/socal/

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am but the small, local & informal ones run by volunteersโ€ฆsuch as the Southern Inyo Museum in Lone Pine, California.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad