cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flagstaff-Sedona fire

soricobob
Explorer
Explorer
The "Slide Fire" as it is called (started near Slide Rock Park), has Memorial Day plans in a mess for those traveling to, or staying, in the Flagstaff-Sedona area. If you have plans please call before you drive, as the fire is not contained, and I-17 is involved. If you drive, be safe!
6 REPLIES 6

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Same website as in my clicky for the Slide fire.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Bull_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a website that I've used for years, and the news media get a lot of their information on this site.

http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/

And here's the address for that specific fire.

http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/3874/

This website should be a sticky for RVer's, like I said, this information is the most current available and could save you from a bad experience.
If you receive help from other members, don't forget to update your topic with the results.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Slide fire

As far as I've heard, only Hwy 89A is closed between Sedona and Flagstaff.

As stated, smoke depends on wind shift. Today and past couple, Sedona has smelled smokey in the morning but clear later on as winds picked up from the south. I imagine everything north of the fire is in much smokier condition.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

leaddog
Explorer
Explorer
We drove from Kingman, AZ to Camp Verde yesterday and I-17 was clear of smoke and not a problem. I-40 east of Williams and near Flagstaff had some smoke in the area, but it wasn't real bad. Camp Verde is clear of smoke and beautiful.

Wind shifts may cause some problem in the coming days and they say it could be weeks before the fire is under control.
2008 40ft Tiffin Allegro Bus
2014 Honda CR-V AWD

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I love that area of Arizona... The RED ROCKS blow me away... Was always a must see area on my work trips the past many years and when I lived there as well...

Almost decided to stay in that area for retirement but didn't do it... Know several friends that has lost alot of things in the high country there due to wildfires.

What a mess....

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds real bad from what I've seen on the news. Hope they're able to get control of it soon.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard