cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Florida Keys in May

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Would like to be as close to Key West as possible May/June. Any suggestions on where we might be able to get a site? W/E necessary, would love a sewered site if possible. Looking for 4-5 days, very flexible as to when. 34'MH with 2 slides. Thanks.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!
11 REPLIES 11

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
LindaD wrote:
Boyds is a nice park and very convenient to Key West but keep in mind that it is in close proximity to the Naval Air Station so if the jet noise will be bothersome to you maybe another park would be better.

Completely agree !

We winter in the Keys and are hard core kayakers, and I wouldn't want to be in any rv park or condo south of Cudjo Key.
The noise from the navy jets on Boca Chica is deafening almost all day long every day.
For the past three days we have been launching at Geiger Key, and every time they go over we can't even hear each other talking.
Not sure about May, but I know it is continuous from October through March.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

LindaD
Explorer
Explorer
Boyds is a nice park and very convenient to Key West but keep in mind that it is in close proximity to the Naval Air Station so if the jet noise will be bothersome to you maybe another park would be better.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Look at Boyd's on Stock Island or El Mar on Stock Island. Boyd's has a pool and amenities, El Mar is a gravel parking lot. Both are an easy bike ride into town.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
To hot that time of year we choose to get as far north and as high in the mountains as we can get!
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin

Klueck
Explorer
Explorer
We have a rv lot in the lower Keys on Cudjoe Key. It's 20 miles from Key West in a resort community. PM me if you would like more info. We rent it out when we're not using it.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
It should be a good time to go. Many of the snowbirds will be heading north.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

reolsenfl
Explorer
Explorer
Do not know if you are retired military or VA disabled, if you are the Key West Naval Air Station is less than a mile from Duval street and they have two campgrounds; one with full hook ups; and one with only water, they can hold about 300 RVs.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Search this Forum for Key West in the RV Parks section. Boyds is right in town.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

mgh122
Explorer
Explorer
Bill & Kate wrote:
We love Geiger Key RV Park - if you can get a reservation. A little tight, but on the water with a great restaurant on site, just 10 miles from Duval Street.

X2
Our second year at Bluewater we discovered Geiger Key, never looked back, friendliest place and people ever. Nevr had a bad time there.
Mike & Peg
Aint' life grand!!
'05 Discovery 39S
'04 Grand Cherokee Freedom, M&G, Roadmaster Sterling
http://discovery-on-the-road.blogspot.com/
Zeus the Wonder Dog
"makes you wonder doesn't he"

Bill___Kate
Explorer
Explorer
We love Geiger Key RV Park - if you can get a reservation. A little tight, but on the water with a great restaurant on site, just 10 miles from Duval Street.
Bill & Kate - Stone Harbor, NJ
w/ Bailey (standard poodle) and Zeke (partipoodle)- both rescues
2018 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab w/ 6.2L gasser
2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX fifth wheel

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
We stayed at Bluewater Key.
I felt we got a great price for such a great place and location.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker