cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Florida Keys

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer
First of all thanks for the add, what are some of the private campgrounds that have the larger sites in the Florida Keys. I know land is valuable there and most are packed in, but which ones of those have the larger sites. Thank you in advance.
14 REPLIES 14

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
About 10 miles from Fiesta Key on Islamora is Ziggy and Maddog restraunt. Not cheap, but just about the best steak dinner I ever had
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer
Misssmb wrote:
For those who have stayed at Fiesta Key, I know there is a restaurant on site, but was wondering if there are any others within a few miles? We like to stay places where we can go out to dinner. Thanks!

I know this is a little pricey but back in 2012 before it burnt down we ate there and it was well worth it. The crab legs were huge and everything else was great. I didn't look to see how far it was from Fiesta Key but we are going no matter where we are staying. It just opened back up, it burnt down back in 2012 or 2013 from a fire.

Home to the World-Famous Seafood Buffet, Whale Harbor Restaurant is back and a brand new Islamorada Island Restaurant Whale Harbor Buffet

Misssmb
Explorer
Explorer
For those who have stayed at Fiesta Key, I know there is a restaurant on site, but was wondering if there are any others within a few miles? We like to stay places where we can go out to dinner. Thanks!

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, but I'm still looking far a cancellation spot at Bahia Honda. Thanks for the suggestions

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
I see you snagged a spot at John Pennekamp. If you head down to Bahia Honda checkout Big Pine Key Fishing Lodge across the bridge. Took a tour. Nice place. No dogs allowed because the key deer roam through the campground.
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Another thumbs up for Fiesta Key at mile marker 70 ish.
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

bighog01
Explorer
Explorer
We're staying at Boyd's on Stock Island in June. We have one of the biggest sites. The roads in the cg will be a little challenging. Our TH is 43'.

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

We've stayed at Fiesta Key Resort and Sunshine Key Resort and our Toy Hauler 5er is 44'.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses, just found a cancellation at John Pennekamp that will work.

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Fiesta Key Resort in Long Key. Nice, everything ya need. Stayed there in Feb this year. $60.00 per night. Have no idea on weekly or monthly rates. Lived in Ft Lauderdale in the 70's. 95 was 2 lanes each way. Went through there and Miami at 2:30 am to beat traffic. Now its 6 lanes both ways and at 2:30 am bumper to bumper 10 MPH. Could not believe it. Take the toll road around it. well worth the $7.85 toll.
Dennis Hoppert

Ernest
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to check out Geiger Key RV and Marina.
Ernest & Joanne
2000 Tradewinds 300 CAT
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
Travelingonthetradewinds.blogspot.com 2014 Alaska Blog
Travelingonthetradewinds1.blogspot.com 2017 South West Blog

FloridaReLoaded
Explorer
Explorer
phillyg wrote:
Blue Water Key (very expensive) has the largest sites as I recall.
I looked at that, even tho our TT is new, its a measly 22ft in length and it says on their website that Travel Trailers must be at least 24ft in length.

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Jolly Roger added a new section a few years ago with all sites that seem to handle large rigs, full hookups. Mostly not on the water, but a short walk to their pavilion and docks. Nice pool, rest rooms, laundry.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Blue Water Key (very expensive) has the largest sites as I recall.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD