cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Florida Keys

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
DW & I were thinking of visiting the Florida Keys next year, and knowing that they are a popular destination I started to look into the possibilities in advance, or so I thought.
Found out that Florida parks allow bookings 11 months in advance, so even though we aren't looking for a January trip thought I'd try it.
WOW! Surprise! Surprise!
Looked at Curry Hammock State Park, Bahia Honda State Park and Long Key State Park. Couldn't find a friggin' thing. What's the secret to get a campsite?
If I can book 11 months out does my start date or end date have to be 11 months out. Say I want a site March 1 for 5 days should I try to book it Feb 1 the previous year or the 5th?
How do you get in?
Besides we've never near there and don't know what we'd be getting. What's good, what's bad or just lucky to get a spot.

thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
15 REPLIES 15

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's like getting a spot in Yosemite. Be online at the instant the clock ticks over. Have multiple windows open to the reservation site. Start clicking the spot you want, a minute or two before the clock rolls over. And last, have good luck.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper