cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Florida pan handle

Komfort_23TS
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for a good rv Park in the pan handle of Florida for January, help and thanks
12 REPLIES 12

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Florida SPs allow you to stay 14 days at a time.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
How long are you allowed to stay at Henderson beach State Park? Up here in NY, you can only stay for 2 weeks in State Parks and then have to move on. My wife and I are beginning our search for a winter location for winter 2019/2020
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
At Henderson beach we couldn't see our neighbors. There is wonderful foliage between each spot giving great privacy with plenty of room for slideouts and lots of room to walk around them.

cindik
Explorer
Explorer
RobWNY wrote:
Do all of the Florida Panhandle RV parks and parks in Florida generally speaking pack them in like sardines? Looking at some of the photos of these places, it looks like there is hardly enough room to open a slideout.

Absolutely not, look at Henderson Beach in Destin. Their sites are huge and private, you would love it there!
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR SOLDIERS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM
THE ONLY THING HARDER THAN BEING A SOLDIER, IS LOVING ONE

Our Photos

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Do all of the Florida Panhandle RV parks and parks in Florida generally speaking pack them in like sardines? Looking at some of the photos of these places, it looks like there is hardly enough room to open a slideout.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
We go to Emerald Beach RV park. From our travels in the panhandle it is our favorite.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fort Pickens, a national seashore park, is great, but you should probably have your reservations by now as it fills up fast. It is on Santa Rosa Island near Pensacola.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

twichers
Explorer
Explorer
These are in Navarre where we live: Emerald Beach RV Park, Navarre Beach Camping Resort & Santa Rosa RV Park.

We have tent camped in many state parks: Grayton Beach, St Joseph, St George and St Andrews.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
We liked Topsail Hill SP and HoHum

View from our site at HoHum

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
You also have Big Lagoon state park in Pensacola beside the naval air station and Rocky Bayou state park in Niceville very nice park along with Henderson beach state park in Destin and several others scattered though out the panhandle

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
That area is pretty big - east west or central ? Its 357 miles from Jacksonville to Pensacola
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

wski
Explorer
Explorer
Blue Angel rec park and Oak Grove (both military/DOD parks). Blackwater is a state park and we have camped there in the past. Fort Pickens is a federal campground (have not camped there).

Ultimate campgrounds

Military campgrounds