cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Florida/Reservations

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Glad we made reservations this winter for Florida. Have snowbirded the past 2 winters down here and never had a problem with reservations or short notice camping. We left Michigan a bit early, 12-30-14 due to upcoming weather issues, but didn't have a reservation until 1-8-15 at Highland Hammocks State Park in Sebring. Stopped for 4 days in Crystal River and then wanted to visit friends at Riverside RV Park near Port Charlotte for 3 days...booked! Found 3 days at Cross Creek in Arcadia, but as we were leaving there the office person was telling some folks that they were booked after the 13th of this month. I saw sites available now, but now sure why they had nothing to offer the RVers. Obviously getting more reservations.

I gave them some suggestions of where to try, but it seems as though things are getting crowded earlier this season. Maybe it was the weather last winter up north? Maybe it's that the economy is picking up and fuel prices are much lower? Anyway, we only did 2 stops without reservations (we did call ahead both times though) and the rest are covered with 2 months planned back up at Rock Crusher in Crystal River.

Plan ahead fellow snowbirds.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

3 REPLIES 3

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
One of the prices you pay for nice winter weather I guess. Back to that old supply and demand thing.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
We came down without reservations - we only need to be here for two weeks. We are bouncing around state parks - two days here two days there is all we can find; this weekend we were almost out of luck but managed to find one. And we are north of Orlando. It is definitely tight this year...
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Thanks for the "heads up".
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.