cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Frontier Land or Castaway campground?

rb71
Explorer
Explorer
We have 3 kids 1 10 and 2 6 year olds and want to try going south. We are leaning towards Frontier Land for the water park over Castaway. But we are open to suggestions.

Thanks Bobby
Bobby
2014 Ram 3500 mega dually
2013 Voltage 3895
Pullrite 4400
6 REPLIES 6

bout2buy
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Frontiertown. I have similarly aged children and they love the water park and the Wild West town. I hope that the management change does not affect those things.

Castaways is nice too, and they did build a splash park so it should be more kid friendly then it previously was, but there will be much more for the kids to do at Frontiertown.

Flintstones
Explorer
Explorer
With young kids, that's easy, Frontiertown. Just as long as Mom and Dad like a busy go go go rv park.

Rest assured, your kids will love Frontiertown. We will be there for the 8th time this summer.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
While I agree there maybe changes coming due to new ownership.
Both places are decent and have their following have Frontiertowne is more kid friendly while Castaways is a bit more upscale and adult oriented.
Castaways also has breed restrictions which is a deal breaker for me.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

EllAnn
Explorer
Explorer
Castaways & FrontierTown are now owned & operated by the same company. The company bought FT near the end of the 2015 camping season, how many changes might be made, I don't know. FT has seemed to be more kid-friendly in previous seasons, but there might be some changes with the change in ownership.

Don't be too open-minded, your brain could fall out!

:W

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Frontiertown hands down. Castaways has nothing for the little ones. Beaware they are both owned by the same people now, some of the Wild West stuff may be changing. As well as the prices. They also bought Fort Whaley out on Rt 50 near Willards.
Puma 30RKSS

mydazeoff
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe you mean Frontiertown in Berlin, MD? If so then Frontiertown would be a better choice with the young children. Lots of activity, water park,western show,pool,ect. Also 3miles or so down the road is Assateague Island which has a state and national park on it. Visitor center and ocean beach at both. Wild horses to.
mydazeoff
Annapolis, MD
Cedar Creek RLSA34, GMC3500HD Duramax