cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Canyon cell phone reception

mappingmom
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone comment on Sprint cell phone reception at Trailer Village, the south rim, bryce canyon and zion?
9 REPLIES 9

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Ooops, sorry. I was misinformed. I should know better than to pass on info I have not personally known or at least state it was something I had heard; not personal experience. As was this.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

F350R
Explorer
Explorer
Lauren wrote:
You can get out with Verizon in certain VC areas of the G C South Rim but, obviously, nothing IN the Grand Canyon! ๐Ÿ™‚

Thats not exactly true. We hiked out from Bright Angle camp ground to the river overlook to watch the sunset, we had Verizon service out there.
04/04 F350 Dually Lariate, 4x4, CC, LB, Auto, Firestone air bags, Bilstein shocks, custom on board air system, cat back 4" Aeroturbine muffler. Two place over head ATV rack, third ATV in the bed.
Four Winds 27BH

ausc59
Explorer
Explorer
I have no experience with Sprint but we have always been able to pick up service around either the Visitors Centers or the Lodges at all these places with Verizon. Figure they might use the same towers....

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
We didn't have any trouble when we were at the GC in '08 but we were at the GC RR RV Resort.

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
You can get out with Verizon in certain VC areas of the G C South Rim but, obviously, nothing IN the Grand Canyon! ๐Ÿ™‚
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
rexlion wrote:
Chock Full o' Nuts wrote:
mappingmom wrote:
Can anyone comment on Sprint cell phone reception at Trailer Village, the south rim, bryce canyon and zion?

My sister has Sprint, mom has ATT, and we have Verizon. They never had any cell service at all inside YNP. We had texting ability when we were at Old Faithful and Mammoth hot springs, only
You're about 1000 miles north of the area inquired about.

LOL! Oops! I don't know why I thought it said Yellowstone. :S Oh, well. We didn't have cell service in GRand Canyon either.
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Chock Full o' Nuts wrote:
mappingmom wrote:

My sister has Sprint, mom has ATT, and we have Verizon. They never had any cell service at all inside YNP. We had texting ability when we were at Old Faithful and Mammoth hot springs, only
You're about 1000 miles north of the area inquired about.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

bertnspike
Explorer
Explorer
I was there 2 months ago. I have Sprint service. My phone did not work in the park.

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
mappingmom wrote:

"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!