cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grant Teton - Yellowstone - Glacier

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
This probably falls into the category of OK to make plans; just don't plan the outcome -- but seeing posts on here again got DW and I thinking that we would like to get to these places one more time -- and I am a planner (enjoy it a lot).

OK, have been to all these places before but, God willing (we ARE getting older but still very healthy at this point)want to make one more trip up to these places from Tucson area.

We have gone late summer / early fall but now want to head up spring / early summer 2016. I do a lot of photography as many of you know and want to get some images of that time of year.

But want to also find new places along the routes - maybe change the routes some as we are in no hurry and wander some.

Thought is to go to the route of GT, then Y and then G east then west and back.

I will know the general opening dates and all that so date info not needed; places places to see and do would be appreciated.

This Forum has always been a great source of info so time to pick brains again.

You can post here or PM me or email me at LaurenH517@gmail.com

Thanks.

Be safe.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

18 REPLIES 18

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Again, great ideas.

I need to also mention, I think, that we have been part time rv'ing 17 years and 95% of it in the 11 western states and 2 western provinces so have seen a lot and many of them many times.

In fact, will be to UT and Grand Canyon again this fall.

Am really looking for places along the corridor that I mentioned.

I did see a nice rv park in Nephi that looked like it had a nice drive in the area and also wondered like up along Bear Lake.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax

jalichty
Explorer
Explorer
That could be a great trip, go to Grand Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier and then back through Utah to Arches, Bryce, Zion (maybe some others as well) than Grand Canyon and home. That could take a while so you might want to set aside a whole bunch of time to do this. That could be a great trip up and own the width of our western part of the country along the Rocky Mountains, etc.
John A. Lichty

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Been there and the Badlands a few times and not going that far east.

Thanks though!
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Speaking about new places, how about the Black Hills area of South Dakota?

There are some very beautiful mountainous campgrounds in the park, and Needles Highway plus the other park road that sort of completes that loop. Rushmore is there too if you like huge crowds.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed