cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Green Gate Grove Park in RGV

Am_Eagle_01
Explorer
Explorer
Found this park in Park Reviews with excellant scores. Understand thru their web site that it is an owner park. That being said, there seems to be lots for rent at a reasonable price. The pictures seem to show some nice size lots. Being the first excursion down to valley I thought someone on forum might know the park and make a recommendation, good or bad. Thinking of being in the valley for 3-4 months to get the feel of the valley. Been going to AZ past ten years but need a change.
21 REPLIES 21

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Any & All coming this way please note:

This is to alert any residents who will be arriving in the near future that stretch of Bentsen Palm Dr. just south of Interstate 83 and Frontage Rd. and just north of Business 83 is CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC

There is NO room to turn around or even back up especially if you are driving a big rig or towing.

If you are heading WEST on Interstate 83, take INSPIRATION RD., turn onto Business 83 and follow to the left turn onto Bentsen Palm Dr.

If you are heading EAST on Interstate 83, take the cutoff for Business 83 just past the Walmart in Penitas and follow to the right turn onto Bentsen Palm Dr.

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET TO GREENGATE WITHOUT DIFFICULTY BY FOLLOWING

THESE INSTRUCTIONS. Scoa Office
pawatt

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
qtla9111 wrote:
Pawatt, beautiful place you have. I am here in Casa del Valle in Alamo. Very nice park. Great gym, outdoor pool and jacuzzi. Well-manicured park. Not a lot going on yet and I'll probably be heading back to Mexico by the time everyone arrives.

Looks like it will be a good winter.

Thank You, We really like the tropical look of our lot & I have more work I plan to do. Just not sure what with the limited space.

I am familiar with Casa del Valle, It is one of the nicer parks in the Valley and one of the few that totally fills up during the prime Winter months.
pawatt

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Pawatt, beautiful place you have. I am here in Casa del Valle in Alamo. Very nice park. Great gym, outdoor pool and jacuzzi. Well-manicured park. Not a lot going on yet and I'll probably be heading back to Mexico by the time everyone arrives.

Looks like it will be a good winter.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
kycliff wrote:
Next door to Green Gate is Bentsen Grove Resort. May want to check it out . We went there for 3 months to start with, and now is our 7th year there. Nice people and a lot to do. Check their web site.

Cliff

Yes, they have more activities than most parks and an indoor and an outdoor pool. We come to many of your public activities, Love your auctions & great low cost meals.
pawatt

kycliff
Explorer
Explorer
Next door to Green Gate is Bentsen Grove Resort. May want to check it out . We went there for 3 months to start with, and now is our 7th year there. Nice people and a lot to do. Check their web site.

Cliff

Am_Eagle_01
Explorer
Explorer
Real nice!! You should be proud!

Kbix
Explorer
Explorer
Great photo. Your place couldn't be any nicer.
Paul and Karen
2011 Shadow Cruiser

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer

Our Winter spot in Green Gate Grove Near Mission Texas, 2 miles north of the Mexico border.
pawatt

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Am Eagle 01 wrote:
Thanks for all the comments. Seems to be popular as we have made several calls but not found anything to rent. Will keep trying or maybe wait till we get to the valley. You were a lot of help pawatt, we may have to use your services yet!!!!!

You may want to try a week here while you look around, It is right across the street from Green Gate Grove. It is a pretty decent place. I doubt you will need a reservation for short term unless maybe you come after Christmas.
AmeriCana: The Birding Center RV Resort
Rio Grande Valley Explorer Rate $139 a Week
The link below will take you to the website.
It is much better to see a site in person then reserve online sight unseen & end up next to the RV Dump, Dumpsters or busy road.

AmeriCana
pawatt

Am_Eagle_01
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the comments. Seems to be popular as we have made several calls but not found anything to rent. Will keep trying or maybe wait till we get to the valley. You were a lot of help pawatt, we may have to use your services yet!!!!!

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We have a place in Mission, but not at GGG. We have several friends there and it is a lovely park. For someone who is looking for a place to sit a spell and check things out, you would be very comfortable here. . . perhaps enough to stay permanently. A very nice park.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
What you call the "barrio" is actually true border life. Speaking Spanish has been a part of this region and south Texas for over 500 years. A line in the sand doesn't determine what politics, religion or language one speaks. I happen to speak Spanish and when I am here in the RGV, as I am this month, I feel right at home.

The valley is over 80% Hispanic and they cater to snowbirds. Walking around after dark is not an issue and I wonder where you got that idea. We had stayed at what is know known as the Birding Center, along with other parks on the same road. I have gone running there early in the morning before the sun breaks, walked that road to do corner shopping at dusk coming back at night. Some of the best Tex-Mex is sold in that area.

My comment also includes the area on the other side of Inspiration and 83 where we also stayed for a few years at Circle T. That neighborhood is very safe for early morning and evening walking.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
We go to Mission every 3rd year and we go out a lot at night. Frankly I feel safer there then in FL. We own in FL and have had people robbed in broad daylight at the local Wally World. The crooks go where there are tourists year round. The Valley is only full in the winter.
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
John&Joey wrote:

Cons:

Located in Mission which to me is part of the Barrio area of the RGV. Would never take a walk outside of the park, and never saw anyone else do it either (YMMV). After dark I stopped speaking the language outside of the fenced "compound." Paid top dollar per KW. No WiFi other than clubhouse. Cable TV depends on lot(I think.) We got hitch itch after about a week, even though we stayed a month. Can't imagine spending three months unless you enjoy doing park activities and staying in at night.

We have spent 10 seasons in the Mission area and never once were concerned for our safety. This includes many 10:00 P.M. trips to the DQ and even attending entertainment in some of the neighborhood bars.
The local population is about 99% Hispanic, most are hard working and family orientated. We go to Mexico and to the local flea markets where you may not hear much English spoken but we communicate well enough to buy great produce and have a good meal and get our teeth fixed. Our Mexican dentist does speak good English. It may take some pointing & hand signals but we get it done. There are many poor & run down neighborhoods. Just makes us feel more fortunate for what we have.
pawatt