cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Harvest Hosts

deadticket8
Explorer
Explorer
Any experience anyone wants to share? Pros, cons?
33 REPLIES 33

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
The recommendation for purchasing is $20, not $30-$40. They do ask you to call ahead to make sure they can accommodate you as most places have limited availability. I don't drink a lot of wine, but many of the wineries offer other items for sale and some have cafes/restaurants. There are also significant churches on the list.

I will be taking delivery soon on my "new" to me coach and it is equipped with lithium batteries and some solar, so I thought boondocking would be a good option occasionally. I don't have a problem with RV parks, but they have gotten crazy expensive in the last year or two, with little difference in the way of amenities. But I will continue to use RV parks as well, and hope to include state parks more than I do now.

My dog doesn't like RV parks. He hates traffic noise and will spend all his time indoors rather than hear it. I finally bought a membership to see if staying at wineries or other low=key places would work better for him. I'm thinking he would like that a lot better. He likes other animals and dogs and cats.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, I stayed at one Harvest Host, and it was for free. I am not a member. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Most stays are for one night only.

All, or most, are in a field / parking lot with no hook-ups.

Most seem to be at Wineries; We don't drink.

They want you to buy something at each place. I will if they have anything that I can use, or eat.

Some are located at museums. I like museums. Once again you will be camping in a parking lot.

You can't get a list of places unless you join. I would like to know what is available before I join.

Most of them want a reservation first, partially because some of them only have room for one RV.

Not sure if I can run my generator, which I might need since there are no hook-ups.

Once again, I am not a member. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's pretty much my understanding.

If I'm expected to buy $30-40 worth of merchandise, I can just get a site with electric 9 out of 10 times.

I really don't get the refusal to share the sites. How do I know if there are any that will meet my needs?
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, I stayed at one Harvest Host, and it was for free. I am not a member. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Most stays are for one night only.

All, or most, are in a field / parking lot with no hook-ups.

Most seem to be at Wineries; We don't drink.

They want you to buy something at each place. I will if they have anything that I can use, or eat.

Some are located at museums. I like museums. Once again you will be camping in a parking lot.

You can't get a list of places unless you join. I would like to know what is available before I join.

Most of them want a reservation first, partially because some of them only have room for one RV.

Not sure if I can run my generator, which I might need since there are no hook-ups.

Once again, I am not a member. Correct me if I'm wrong.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
I gave them my email address & donโ€™t feel lonely anymore, they email me daily! Decided it wasnโ€™t for me after reading some reviews, BUT, obviously some people canโ€™t live without itโ€ฆ. YMMVโ€ฆ.