cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

how to find seasonal RV rental in FL

moonstone
Explorer
Explorer
We are starting to search for a winter (Jan.1-Apr.15, 2019) RV (or park model) to rent in a park in Florida. Hubby likes shorts & t-shirt weather all winter so it would probably need to be south of a Sarasota to Fort Pierce line. We don't need to be near a beach but within 30-60 minutes drive would be nice.

We have a 22ft TT but don't want to spend the winter in it & not prepared to buy a newer bigger one until we see if we want to spend 3-4 mos in one. We have been camping in Florida for about 40 years but never more than 3 weeks at a time.

Short of Googling every RV park I can find and asking if they have on site rentals I don't know how to find what we are looking for. I have even tried searching for seasonal rentals. Does anybody know of a search site to find what we are looking for?

TIA,
~Diane
14 REPLIES 14

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
Top of the world in Clearwater rents owner condo's for around 7=800 a month. They have their own website.

Bob_Shaw
Explorer
Explorer
You might try Lake Letta RV Park in Avon Park 1(863)453-7700. I know they do rent travel trailers and park models seasonally, although I do not know if they have any available for this winter. It's a small park with about 78 sites, and a lot of seasonal and some permanent residents. If you get a site there, come by lot #3 and say "Hi".

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Don't go to the Keys. Cost ya 3k a month. 6000/month at Bluewater if you have a water side and a MH. Lets see, that better come with Maid, free wash and wax and free laundry.

mda
Explorer
Explorer
Try contacting local campgrounds and RV resorts where you would like to stay. Many times people will rent their park models or RV units through the campground office.

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Basically, the further south in Florida you go, the more expensive it gets. I like the Gulf side south of Tampa. I winter near Punta Gorda and I suggest that you take a look around Ft Myers/Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte.

If the Gulf side interests you, take a look at Swan Lake Village and RV Resort in North Fort Myers. I stayed there 2 years ago and the owners are good people. A very nice quiet park. They have a small RV park and also a Manufactured Homes park as well as 'Park Models' for seasonal rent. The RV rental sites were VERY reasonable. I think the location is excellent - close to Sanibel Island and Fort Myers Beach and less then 3 hours from the Keys. I know he had at least one Park Model that was not rented during the winter I spent there.

swanlakevillage.com

moonstone
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the suggestions! I have looked at VRBO & HomeAway already but I'll keep checking them. Craigslist doesn't seem to have a search for 3 specific months choice (at least that I can see). Thanks for your suggestion GoPackGo, I have bookmarked that site.

And yes we (mostly hubby) want to be in south Florida. He wants daytime highs to be no less than 75F. When my parents used to take their MH to Lake Wales they quite often had days of temps only in the 50's & 60'sF and much cooler nights in January.

We have booked a 2 week vacation in Ft. Lauderdale this fall & I am compiling a list of RV parks inland from there to check out.

I guess we are spoiled with only paying US$450/month for a furnished apartment on the coast of Belize (which I am not a fan of) and are experiencing sticker shock at the Florida prices for smaller accommodations. Hubby says if we can find something that isn't bank breaking in FL then we can go there instead.

~Diane

Bea_PA
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't mind central Florida try Westviewridge.com With the climate change Haines City inland from Sarasota had 80 and 90 degrees last Jan and Feb. A very friendly park. Bear in mind, most people rent for the season Nov to April but there are units and sites available for your time frame somewhere. The closer you get to N Fort Myers the higher the rent. I stayed for a week at Raintree 3 years ago in our RV and it was about 500 dollars. At that time we had a big unit. Good Luck
Bea PA
Down sized Winnebago 2012 24V Class C
2003 Gold Wing 1800 recently triked (Big Red)

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
This is another popular place to look.

Albiet some are 'very' high priced but I have run across many inexpensive places and types of lodging off this site.

I've occasionally found real nice seasonal RV's for rent that are at CG's. And also some real nice lodging tucked away in spectacular places.

Its' a catch as you can place to look for vacation rentals by owner.

https://www.vrbo.com/

Agree, another good source to try.
pawatt

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
This is another popular place to look.

Albiet some are 'very' high priced but I have run across many inexpensive places and types of lodging off this site.

I've occasionally found real nice seasonal RV's for rent that are at CG's. And also some real nice lodging tucked away in spectacular places.

Its' a catch as you can place to look for vacation rentals by owner.

https://www.vrbo.com/

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Try Craigslist, Vacation rentals.
pawatt

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
We are starting to search for a winter (Jan.1-Apr.15, 2019) RV (or park model) to rent in a park in Florida. Hubby likes shorts & t-shirt weather all winter so it would probably need to be south of a Sarasota to Fort Pierce line. We don't need to be near a beach but within 30-60 minutes drive would be nice.

Search for CG's that have the word 'cabins' and/or "lodging"for rent.

Don't freak out on the word cabin!

In my travels 'many' CG's in Florida have REAL nice small block 'homes' within the CG that they rent out. And I mean they are REALLY nice. 2 bedroom, fully furnished, driveway, lawn etc.

I have stayed at many CG's with my MH that have these nice small homes for rent in the park, AND park models. It's a Florida thing.

They often just use the word cabin in their advertising and websites.

And you most certainly are NOT limited to only south of Sarasota! :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
As I remember the GoodSams website has the ability to find campgrounds in any State. In that search you can check if you're looking for a rental unit. Only campgrounds that have rental units will come up.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I also tried - 'Florida winter manufactured home rentals' and also 'mobile homes' added to the others.

Here's one example - https://www.retirenet.com/location/communities/36-florida/4-rental-retirement-homes-and-rental-communities/

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I decided to play around so I tried 'Florida winter rentals' on Google and got a ton of hits. Looks like many were for a rental 'service' which may be what you are looking for.