cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Huntington Beach State Park, SC, Question

Tarheel_2
Explorer
Explorer
I was getting ready to make reservations at Huntington Beach State Park, South Carolina and have a question about sewer hookups. On RV Park Reviews, it states that there is sewer hookups at that park, but when I go to their reservations site, it states they have electricity and water, but no mention of sewer. Maybe there are sites with and without. Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Tarheel
12 REPLIES 12

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Shadow57 wrote:
Does anyone know if they have cell phone coverage especially Verizon?

We are going in April and my house sitter likes to call a lot.

Yes, they had cell phone coverage when we were there.We had Sprint and AT&T at the time.

Shadow57
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if they have cell phone coverage especially Verizon?

We are going in April and my house sitter likes to call a lot.
2017 Forest River Forester 3051S

2014 Ram DRW 3500 Laramie Crew Cab

Tarheel_2
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the information. No sewer sites are available, so I'm going to book a S&W site.
Tarheel

pegdiver
Explorer
Explorer
On the state reservation website, pick your dates and down under electric and water, you will find sewer. Check that to see if any sewer sites are available for your dates. Uncheck the box and see if other sites are available. Go into the calendar list and maybe you can get a trip in using more than one site. It is a very busy park. Also some sewer sites are handicapped so beware of that.
2012 Winnebago Adventurer 37F with 2012 Jeep Liberty toad.
Old - 1999 32' Adventurer (no slides) with Grand Vitara toad (105,000 miles!)
Pride 3 wheel mobility scooter
Only 3 states to go in the USA, Camped in most of Canada and 4 states in Mexico too!

kohldad
Explorer III
Explorer III
All storm damage has been fixed. The Nature Center burned last year in a fire caused by a lightening strike and it will be 2018 at the earliest before it opens back up.

Down at Pawleys Island a good local hangout is "The Pit". A bit hard to find but when you are headed south, turn on the small gravel road behind some store just before the lime green mailbox with the word "PIT" on it. It's about 1/2 block before the traffic light. Cheap good food (if you like fried food). Music at night.

If you go to Brookgreen Garden, go early in your stay as the ticket is good for seven days.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
RGar974417 wrote:
We were there 3 years ago over Christmas. They do have some sewer hookups,just beware they are all out in the open. They also have a 3 lane dump station of you can't get a sewer site. All the other sites have water and electric.We preferred the W&E because some of them were more secluded.They have a nice small camp store with WIFI and a great ranger program.Be sure to visit Atallaya, the home of the Huntingtons. In Murrel's Inlet,we enjoyed Drinkin Jacks for dinner.http://www.huntingtonbeachstatepark.net/atalaya.html

Drunkin Jacks is good, but be prepared for a long wait or get there when they first open up (around 4pm I think). That was our go to place until several years ago when we discovered Bubba's Fish Shack in Surfside Beach. Easier to get in to and much cheaper.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Wardster
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there last April with full hookups.
2016 Northern Lite 8'11" Q Classic Special Edition
2003 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 - Duramax/Allison

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We were there 3 years ago over Christmas. They do have some sewer hookups,just beware they are all out in the open. They also have a 3 lane dump station of you can't get a sewer site. All the other sites have water and electric.We preferred the W&E because some of them were more secluded.They have a nice small camp store with WIFI and a great ranger program.Be sure to visit Atallaya, the home of the Huntingtons. In Murrel's Inlet,we enjoyed Drinkin Jacks for dinner.http://www.huntingtonbeachstatepark.net/atalaya.html

Shadow57
Explorer
Explorer
Any info appreciated we are going in April. Since we couldn't reservations in Destin at Henderson Beach we are going this direction.
2017 Forest River Forester 3051S

2014 Ram DRW 3500 Laramie Crew Cab

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tarheel 2 wrote:
wildtoad wrote:
They have a limited number of full service sites. I think around 12-14. I have stayed on several of them.

Thanks, I think I'll wait until tomorrow to make reservations when I can reach them by phone.

Smart idea. Ask them if there's unrepaired damage from the last hurricane while talking with them.

We really enjoyed HBSP. Hope to go back. There's another campground info resource that's very complete and that we've found is more helpful. AllStays Campgrounds Directory

PS: Here's the link to AllStays' Huntington Beach SP entry.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Tarheel_2
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
They have a limited number of full service sites. I think around 12-14. I have stayed on several of them.

Thanks, I think I'll wait until tomorrow to make reservations when I can reach them by phone.
Tarheel

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT