cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

KOA Savanna South Richmond Hills GA

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stopped for an overnight headed home from FL. Nice park except.......
Trains running all night nearby and road noise from both I95 and US 17 starting at 5 AM. Bring a noise machine or good ear plugs.
This park also has permanent sites placed at the back of the park causing all grades of traffic thru the transient campers also starting about 5 AM. The permanent sites and the campers on those sites are as nice as the rest of the park but I knew we were in trouble when the school buses showed up yesterday afternoon.
Live and learn.
Puma 30RKSS
2 REPLIES 2

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Weโ€™ve stayed there many times on the way back home to central SC. The folks have always been helpful, easy on/off I95, and quite frankly it is news to us about the trains as I donโ€™t remember hearing them. Yes, just like many or most KOAโ€™s or commercial campgrounds there is a permanent section which of course helps them to stay in business. For an overnight stay where you can fill your propane tank, wash some clothes, get some great food just down the street, not bad.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at this KOA on the way to Florida in November and will be staying there again overnight in April. We enjoyed the few trains that went through during our stay. Anytime you stay at a campground right next to an Interstate you'll get that road noise. We chose to stay there because it was easy off/easy on while traveling.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.