cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lake Erie / Kelly's Island

bgradert
Explorer
Explorer
There is a thick frost on the ground this morning and it already has me thinking about next camping season. Each year, we take the kids on a week or two vacation in June when they get out of school. Last year, we did a two week trip visiting family in NW Iowa, then to the Missouri River to do some walleye fishing and then Black Hills.

We are beginning to start thinking about next summer. We are interested in camping on Kelly's Island and visiting Cedar Point. Cedar Point Campground seems very nice however by the time I pay for 3 nights camping, 4 two day passes it was nearly $1,000. So, to stay within budget, I have been looking at Kelly's Island.

My thoughts are to stay on the island 5-6 night. On a couple of those days, we would jump on the ferry and head to Cedar Point and Put In Bay.

What are your thoughts about camping on Kelly's Island? Is it a pain to get on and off the ferry? How is camping on the island?
2015 F150 EcoBoost
2015 Jayco 28DSBH
Mooresville, Indiana
15 REPLIES 15

padre1944
Explorer
Explorer
Campground looks nice. It is a State Park. All depends on how big your camper is. You might want to contact the ferry company to check. Going back and forth on the ferry is not cheap either.