cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lake Lanier GA COE campgrounds Sep 6 season date?

bigbullelk
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering if I am understanding the info on recreation.gov. Couldn't find any info on the COE website either.

Says the season date for the COE campgrounds (Old Federal, Bolding Mill, Duckett Mill, Sawnee, etc) ends on Sep 6, 2014??? Seems way to early to close?
17 REPLIES 17

bradswife
Explorer
Explorer
We were there yesterday. You can reserve online now.

bigbullelk
Explorer
Explorer
bradswife wrote:
Here's the update on the COE parks on Lake Lanier. Sawnee (south side) and Bolding Mill (north side) are going to be open all year. We stayed at Bolding Mill last weekend and it is really nice with very friendly hosts, who are all volunteers.

Where did you see that update?

bradswife
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the update on the COE parks on Lake Lanier. Sawnee (south side) and Bolding Mill (north side) are going to be open all year. We stayed at Bolding Mill last weekend and it is really nice with very friendly hosts, who are all volunteers.

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
bigbullelk wrote:
ADAD437 wrote:
did you ever check out hall county park in gainesville. beautiful park and right on the lake.

I have not but I will now! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you!

HERE IS THE WEB PAGE. They have 30&50 amp and water @ the sites.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

jaycocamprs
Explorer
Explorer
And the 2014 season on Allatoona Lake ends September 2 at all but 2 campgrounds. McKinney is open all year, and Victoria closes October 6.
2018 Silverado 3500 DRW
2011 Montana Mountaineer 285RLD

bigbullelk
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
bigbullelk wrote:
wbwood wrote:
bigbullelk, some of the campgrounds on Lake Thurmond/Clasrks Hill Lake over near Augusta are open later...I think one or two of them are open year round. Winfield started a pilot program this year with golf carts also.

Thanks, wbwood. Was looking for something really close to home for a couple of quick weekends in the fall in between some of the long trips we have planned. I will keep those in mind for future reference.

Only 2-3 hrs away, depending on which side of Atlanta you are on.

Unfortunately I'm on the north side and work on the west side which makes getting over to the east side on a Friday a nightmare!

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
bigbullelk wrote:
wbwood wrote:
bigbullelk, some of the campgrounds on Lake Thurmond/Clasrks Hill Lake over near Augusta are open later...I think one or two of them are open year round. Winfield started a pilot program this year with golf carts also.

Thanks, wbwood. Was looking for something really close to home for a couple of quick weekends in the fall in between some of the long trips we have planned. I will keep those in mind for future reference.

Only 2-3 hrs away, depending on which side of Atlanta you are on.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

JGRVING
Explorer
Explorer
Old Federal and Bald Ridge used to stay open until November...but as mentioned, budget cuts have them closing after Labor Day now..it is a shame, great camping weather in October and November. The Hall County Park (River Forks) is open until December 31....Shoal Creek Campground is open year-round (run by Lanier Islands)......Jennifer
JENNIFER AND DUANE
BUFORD, GA
'10 STARCRAFT TRAVELSTAR 217RBSS
2002 GMC 2500 HD 6.0 4x4 4.10
SO MANY PLACES, SO LITTLE TIME

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
i have reservations at McKinney COE on Lake Allatoona in October.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don Carter State Park is on L. Lanier just on northern edge of Gainesville. Has some enticing sites, some strange spots but its brand new and clean.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

bigbullelk
Explorer
Explorer
ADAD437 wrote:
did you ever check out hall county park in gainesville. beautiful park and right on the lake.

I have not but I will now! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you!

bigbullelk
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L