cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lake of the Ozarks

cecerecreek
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for recommendations for FHU campground in the Lake of the Ozark area. Will be traveling nearby and planning a weeks stay to play a little golf. I'm also considering Table of the Rock area near Branson but am leery of the traffic nightmares. Any suggestions are appreciated.....Which place would you go for a peaceful stay....is that's possible.....

Thanks
CecereCreek
"04" Newmar Scottsdale
"10" Chev Colorado
"93" Gold Wing
Have Clubs/Will Golf
Smith & Wesson "Security System"
6 REPLIES 6

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
We like Majestic Oaks on the north shore. Rural and peaceful.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
The lake of the Ozarks state park it'd beautiful. No FHU. Take a little time and drive through the park.
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB

ChiMom
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Osage Beach RV Park too--in April. Was very nice. Close to good restaurants and easy to drive around the area for sight seeing.
Barbara, Florence, Rascal (bad chihuahua), and Annabelle (good girl turning bad)
Rainbow Bridge: Magoo (baddest chihuahua)
2007 Pleasure-Way Ford Excel TD: Miss Daisy

Not applicable
OSAGE BEACH RV PARK ON HWY 42 , HALF MILE OFF BUS 54..right in the middle of everything you want including a nice, clean peaceful campground. if full, go to riverview rv park along the osage river on 54, nice as well. I know them well, have stayed at both. I am a 2nd homeowner in the area also.
BRANSON, PIONEER RV PARK or TABLE ROCK STATE PARK., many other nice ones around as well.

shelbylen
Explorer
Explorer
I am staying at music land campground for the memorial day weekend. I can repost and tell you what my thought was on it.
2000 Georgetown 306

russkerri
Explorer
Explorer
Our best pick for a peaceful stay near Branson is the Old 86 Corp of Engineers campground. It is located on a peninsula that sticks out in the lake, so most of the campsites are directly on the water and have beautiful views. The park flooded a few years ago and was overhauled, so the sites are wonderful, perfectly level with nice picnic tables. You can wade in the water from many of them, and there's also a swim beach.

But, I'm sorry to say it is not a FHU. They have water and electric, I do believe, and a dump station. It's really cheap. It is away from the traffic of Branson and very peaceful, but it is not super convenient to Branson, if you want to use it as a base for the tourist-y stuff. I know there are a lot of great parks around there, but we haven't stayed at any others.

You might Google campgrounds in Blue Eye since that's the southern part of the lake, away from crowds. A lot of locals also prefer Bull Shoals lake for less crowds. Lake of the Ozarks probably doesn't have the traffic problems of Branson, but it is a party lake, so you'll encounter the crowds on the water. They have done a lot to improve the roads around Branson, and there are a lot of side routes now that are less traffic.
Kerri
RVs with a Jayco 184BH named Birdy
Blogs at Travels with Birdy