cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lake Ouachita/Hot Springs area suggestions

DwnSth
Explorer
Explorer
Decided to try and squeeze a trip in before September - provided no hurricanes or work doesn't get out of control. Wife and I decided to try Lake Ouachita or the general area. It's been almost 30 years since we've been up that way (tent camping back then). Still was one of our favorite trips but sadly have never had a good opportunity to get back to the area. We would probably limit ourselves to State Parks, Nat. Forest or COE campgrounds. Also, any 'must see' places for day trips etc.
2014 Berkshire 360QL
7 REPLIES 7

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
If you like gardens you may be interested in Garvangardens.org It is by the Hot Springs National Park. We have not visited but I saw where they offer tours on Golf Carts or you can walk. It is a huge park/gardens. They have a glass exhibit going on through September.
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that Lake Ouachita and Lake Catherine are beautiful parks and very handy for Hot Springs. There's Brady Mountain and Crystal springs.

This would be a good day trip or you can camp at their campground.
Crater of Diamonds State Park

It is near the beautiful Lake Greeson
where there are multiple COE campgrounds and state parks.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
There is a Corps of Engineers park near Hot Springs called Crystal Springs that we like. DeGray Lake is another beautiful park but quite a drive to Hot Springs. Our favorite campground (not the type on your list) is Catherine's Landing on Lake Catherine. New park, not many trees, paved sites with access to the lake and boat ramp.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

rvnutts
Explorer II
Explorer II
We sure did meet ngreen! I think I have a pic of your rv in that site. Sure is a pretty place to camp! Hope all is well with you. Lynn
Brian and Lynn
2017 Ram 2500 SLT 6.7L
2013 Heartland Big Country 3250ts

ngreen
Explorer
Explorer
Rvnutts, I met u at Lake Catherine years ago, stayed in a site juslike your pic!t
Somewhere greener, somewhere warmer,Up in the mountains, down by the ocean,Where don't matter long as we're goin'

ngreen
Explorer
Explorer
Lake ouachita state park has some nice but older rv spots overlooking the lake, some with full hookups, but call and make reservations and be sure they know your length, some are short. Also close to Hot Springs is Lake Catherine state park with some beautiful newer sites right on the water
Somewhere greener, somewhere warmer,Up in the mountains, down by the ocean,Where don't matter long as we're goin'

rvnutts
Explorer II
Explorer II
We love to camp at Lake Catherine. It is just closer and easier to get to from where we live. Plus, it is a very nice park with beautiful spaces. Take a walking tour down town and go through the bath house especially if you like reading the history. We also like to go up the tower on pretty days to get a birds eye view of the town. Lots of shopping and there is Magic Springs theme park and water park. We like renting a pontoon on Lake Ouachita. I'm sure others will have more things to do. Here is a picture of one of the sites at Lake Catherine.
Brian and Lynn
2017 Ram 2500 SLT 6.7L
2013 Heartland Big Country 3250ts