cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lakewood Campground, Myrtle B. RV sites question

sinjin79
Explorer
Explorer
We have a trip planned soon to Lakewood Campground in Myrtle Beach.
Our site is at the ocean front. (not sure if this is good or bad)

Does anyone know which direction the rigs are parked along the ocean front? Do most RVs open toward the ocean or toward inland?

Inland would avoid morning sun and ocean winds. Facing ocean would provide optimum view and avoid evening sun.

Just wondering if anyone has stayed there and noticed which direction rigs are opening towards.
6 REPLIES 6

sinjin79
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the prompt replies. This is all helpful information as this will be our first time RVing at the beach.

We have tried to get our site # out of them a couple of times and they keep telling us that they don't give out site #s until check-in. But they do promise we have ocean front site near the indoor pool.

So far since we have purchased our MH this spring, we have booked with four different campgrounds and all four have moved us or asked to move us.

Also thanks for the heads up on the ants. We'll try to install a "ring of death" around our coach. LOL.

jaycmpng
Explorer
Explorer
Kind of doesn't really matter as you probably will not be able to see the ocean. Sand dunes block most of the view. We were there this spring in a pull thru, last road to the north of the campground (may have been site 705 ?), only reason we could see the ocean is we were right in line with the beach access. Nice place though, will definitely stop back going or coming from Florida.
Jaycmpng

Cocky_Camper
Explorer II
Explorer II
As far as ants, it is a Carolina thing. It doesn't matter what we do, they will still find their way in!
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

Cocky_Camper
Explorer II
Explorer II
It depends on your site. There is nothing wrong with the ocean front sites if you like people watching! It get a little busy at nights with the gold carts, but it is NO WHERE near as bad as the neighboring campground. Quiet time is a 11pm, so you will still be able to get your rest.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
LAKEWOOD BEACH CAMPING

Using GOOGLE SEARCH you can zoom down in SATELLITE VIEW and see how the RV sites are positioned along the OCEAN BLVD...

We always preferred setting up around the two or three inside lakes and walking the beach ocean side in the evenings... One of the biggest downside for us of the BEACH CAMPING is the many many GOLF CARTS that are silent running... Never really hear of any accidents per say but they are everywhere haha...

Also be prepared for the invasion of the little bitty sand ants I guess they are called... We always go back to Virginia by way of Gatlinburg TN Smoky Mtns camping and who knows how many small ants we have relocated from SC to TN haha

We have been going to LAKEWOOD for many years and have Immediate Family members permanent living at LAKEWOOD. The rest of us kids all try to get down to LAKEWOOD during the SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER time frame for our family reunion visits

Enjoy your stay there... Great ICE CREAM at the on-site shop... Local management are all very pleasant folks and people orientated...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
It will depend on your site number. If you have a reserved site and #, just look at the site map. You will back in.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog