cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Las Cruces, NM RV parks

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
looking for suggestions on RV parks in Las Cruces, NM plan on being there on the 24th of April.

Thank you
Rich & Jennie(mate of 59 yrs 6/6/59)
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat
1 German Shepard/Blue healer pup
14 REPLIES 14

Major_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
Hacienda is nice and clean, and very convenient for overnight. It is right next door to an RV dealer, in case you have a wandering eye. I believe it is the closest RV park to La Mesilla, if you want to experience the local cuisine in an historical setting.
2017 Thor Compass 23TR last RV
MV-1 Mobility ventures wheelchair van
DH+DW 36+ years
Millie the fawn brindle greyhound

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Sunny Acres. That is our go to place every year on the way from Tucson to Santa Fe. Nothing against the other suggestions...have not checked them out...just found Sunny Acres to be a reasonable price and a nice place.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
Hacienda for sure. Did a drive thru at KOA. Nice view no doubt but for the extra $$$$$ no way.

I was wondering if the $$$ were the same at both parks then which would you choose. I'm having a hard time deciding where to stay the end of the month for 3 nights.
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hacienda for sure. Did a drive thru at KOA. Nice view no doubt but for the extra $$$$$ no way.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Hacienda was nice. We did 4 nights as we were passing through back in January. For a big rig with a dually, the spots can be a little cozy.

Pics of our stay (mostly of our new Berkey water filter but some of our site):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dougsetzer/albums/72157663143179439

Very nice laundry facilities.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

pappaone
Explorer
Explorer
Rob,

not sure what you mean by a different type of atmosphere? please explain

Thank you

Rich
2017 Minnie Winnie 27Q
1 Grey Persian cat

Rug
Explorer II
Explorer II
Las Cruces KOA. Up on a hill overlooking the city. Ask for a back in site that you can sit out and enjoy the city lights at night.

They also have pull thru. We enjoy siting in our chairs and enjoying the lights of the city.
A couple of Mules
with a Covered Wagon

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Las Cruces KOA for us......

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Hacienda RV & Rally Resort. Great dog walk area also
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

Marine_By_Choic
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the Las Cruces KOA. Would go back. Very clean and nice staff

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Hacienda and sunny acres are both very nice parks. Stayed at both lots of times and will do so again. Hacienda is closer to the exit off I-10 and costs a little more. Staying one night I would stay here. Staying for a few days I probably would stay at Sunny Acres.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
rr2254545 wrote:
Hacienda RV & Rally Resort was one of the best parks we ever stayed in - we were there for a week

I'm originally from Las Cruces and we stayed at Hacienda for about 6.5 weeks (from before Thanksgiving to early January) this past winter to be with family. The spaces are rather tight at Hacienda, but the park is extremely well-kept and the staff are great. If you're on the fence on the Stern Drive (east) side, the traffic noise from I-10 is noticeable. I prefer the back fence on the west side.

We also toured Sunny Acres and would have no problem staying there, either - although it's a different type of atmosphere. I happened to run into the owner around town and had a nice 15 or 20 minute conversation with him - really nice guy.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Hacienda RV & Rally Resort was one of the best parks we ever stayed in - we were there for a week
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Ray___June
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Sunny Acres 16 months ago and would definitely go back again. The staff was very friendly and the grounds and amenities were top-notch.
Sold the house, retired, and full timing. 15 years of dreams come true!

2015 Itasca 33C, Black Garnet
2013 Honda CRV EXL toad
Roadmaster Sterling all terrain tow bar
Roadmaster Tow Shield
Roadmaster Guardian
SMI "Stay-in-Play" Brake system
ISL "Toad Charge"