cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Late Flotrida Campground

JohnDoe
Explorer
Explorer
I had reservation for Nov but due to the wife's Health I had to call and cancel and now that campground is full, I am looking for a campground with biking near by for middle of Jan, I would like to get in one in the lower part of the state, I know most spots are taken in them, any one have any suggestion
12 REPLIES 12

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
There is a park west of Mission Texas called Blue Bonnet, they have space for long term stay nice park, quiet too.

navegator

JohnDoe
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks ever one but got a call from my Campground that I have stayed in for 20 years and my spot that I park at ever year is open, paid for it when received the call, now if I can just get around Washington D C with all the snow will be on my way>< I am planing on the 27th and hopping that I 270 and the belt way to I 95 will be cleared of snow by then

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camp Lemora, just south of Hillsborough River State Park , US 41 on Dead Horse rd. We have stayed there a few times - winters. Not a lot of extras, but the prices are good and lots of space. Usually have extra space anytime of the year. FHU
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

katfish
Explorer
Explorer
Look at Ole Mill Stream in Umatilla fl. Very nice place... Good luck
"Every day is a adventure and every trip is a voyage of Discovery"
Steve & Cathy
U.S. Coast Guard (retired)
2012 KZ StoneRidge 36ul
2004 Dodge 3500 (Diesel DRW)
Advanced Air Rider hitch

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Orlando area has lots of bike trails. I would suggest Stage Stop CG in Winter Garden.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

pattyann1750
Explorer
Explorer
Cross Creek RV resort in Arcadia Florida(45 minutes east of Sarasota).It is our first year here and we love it.Gated community with large sites,wide roads and awesome grounds and amenities.Lot rent is $1050.00/mo .Stayed in a cheaper place last year but decided if we were going to work hard to be snowbirds we would pay a little more for a nice place and have no regrets.Won't look further.Check it out.Staff is the best.

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
try this website =

http://www.rv-clubs.us/florida_rv_campgrounds.html#CentralWest

good luck
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

fchammer1
Explorer
Explorer
Jim, start with MY 55+ community by checking Imperial Bonita Estates, and if that doesn't work for you, look at my former posts (Oct. 21, 2015) for the list of campgrounds in the SW Florida area. Phone numbers are included for each. Fort Myers RV Resort on US 41 usually has a spot and is a good central area for exploring other possibilities. I personally would avoid Calusa Cove and McGregor. In my opinion, those two are neither resorts nor campgrounds and therefore are not on my list.

On the bright side, the current value of the Canadian dollar has resulted in more open spots -- even one or two here at IBE -- and you might find another park in a similar position. Check my list.

By the way, it's 8:30 a.m. and 71ยฐ here in IBE; it is 58ยฐ in Mission, TX, according to Weather Underground.

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
If Florida is full we have paved bike trails and Bentsen Rio Grande State Park does not allow motorized vehicles so lots of biking there too. Just west of Mission Texas in the Rio Grande Valley. Plenty of RV spaces yet in the area.
pawatt

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
JohnDoe wrote:
I had reservation for Nov but due to the wife's Health I had to call and cancel and now that campground is full, I am looking for a campground with biking near by for middle of Jan, I would like to get in one in the lower part of the state, I know most spots are taken in them, any one have any suggestion

Flotrida ???
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

JohnDoe
Explorer
Explorer
Will be going down with the idea of coming back middle of April if can find the right kind of place

avan
Explorer
Explorer
I believe many, if not most, cgs would have an opening for overnight.

Or were you thinking of staying longer than one night?
www.putt10.net