cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Liberty Harbor RV Park

EddieZ
Explorer
Explorer
Going here in 3 weeks will be traveling Eastbound on RT 80 and RT 78. any advice or things to watch out for. Has anyone stayed there wondering if my Fifth wheel and truck will fit spaces look small, any advice on Routes?
5 REPLIES 5

homedad
Explorer
Explorer
We were there about 3 weeks ago. Everything fits. Saw lots of 5ers and even a few enormous class A's. Electrical was fine. No sewer hook ups just water and electricity. We arrived on a sunday am and was put in the dry-dock lot with the boats until 11:00 when our site was free. Excellent trip though. I'd do it again in a minute.

slay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Two suggestions. If you are coming east on I-80, drop down Rt. 33 in Pennsylvania to I-78 then into New Jersey. There is construction at the I-80/I-287 interchange in New Jersey and traffic there is a mess. Best to avoid it if you can.

Second, if it fits into your schedule plan to arrive Sunday morning. That is when traffic in New Jersey is the lightest. Stay overnight on Saturday in the Poconos and drive in the next day. Check with Liberty Harbor how early you can arrive. If Sunday doesn't work, Saturday is your next best timeframe. If that doesn't work don't get into New Jersey until 9 a.m. to avoid the morning rush hour.
Steve and Vivian
2013 Winnebago Vista 35F
2016 Ford Fiesta pushing from behind
Coffee is the sustenance of life

The_Works
Explorer
Explorer
During July 4th, last year, we stayed at Liberty Harbor. I picked this place because of location. They had Major electrical issues where we lost power to the camper several-several times a day. We couldn't leave the dog in the camper with the electricity constantly going off. There is a extremely small grass area for dogs if you have one. We got a refund and left. The temperature in NYC at that time was in the high 90's. They may have fixed the problem by now. Good luck.

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a couple of pics that might help you to judge. When ever I have been there I would see fifth wheels set up, As gemsworld said, it's close quarters. Your awning almost touches your neighbor and your driver's side slide is at the edge of your site. But you can't beat the location.

Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I was there a few years back with a 40' DP and tow vehicle and had no problems. Keep in mind the place is parking lot with hookups and has nothing else to offer but a great location.