cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Little Rock Ark - UAMS Cancer Institute

Redhound
Explorer
Explorer
Any recommendations on CGs in/around Little Rock? Visiting multiple times between Feb and Aug.
12 REPLIES 12

Redhound
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info on Maumelle. We drove out today to check it out in case we need to come back, which looks like we will. As we were driving thru the park checking out the loops, we noticed some really nice pull-thru sites that looked like they had full hookups. Got out and checked sure enough there was water, electric and sewer. There is only about a half dozen and those are reserved for UAMS-Long Term Patients. What a great program setup with the COE with UAMS. Didn't even bother to check out any other CGs. Maumelle isn't a quick drive to UAMS but I think it would be worth it to stay there.

johninar
Explorer
Explorer
Redhound wrote:
We will be going to the UAMS-Myeloma Institute. Want to make sure the park is nice and peaceful. Going to be a rough stay.

You will find the park very quiet and convenient.
I wish you the best,

John

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto about Maumelle. We stayed water front....very nice site and very nice park.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

hl_remington
Explorer
Explorer
Petit Jean SP is 65mi. from Little Rock

Redhound
Explorer
Explorer
We will be going to the UAMS-Myeloma Institute. Want to make sure the park is nice and peaceful. Going to be a rough stay.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I am partial to Petit Jean SP near Morrilton.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

johninar
Explorer
Explorer
Both are great. We live across the river from Maumelle Park and we enjoy it very much. The downtown park is fun in it's on way. You can use the pedestrian bridge right from the park to cross over to Little Rock. Lots to do there. Clinton presidential library has a lot of interesting exhibits (no matter which way you lean).

Send me a PM if you have any questions about Little Rock.

regards,

John

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
Have done both Maumelle and the Downtown Riverside RV Park. Enjoyed both, but feel the Downtown is more convenient for sightseeing, etc.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

patperry2766
Explorer II
Explorer II
campgrounds

I have been to Lake Catherine SP and can recommend it. Camp area B & C have the best water access
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
x2 Maumelle Campground
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the city-owned Downtown Riverside RV a few years ago and enjoyed it. We chose a site right along the river for the great city views by day and lighs at night. Boats and kayak paddlers go by, and there are grassy areas. You can walk a footbridge into the city and Clinton Presidential Library just across the water.

Some sites were inthe back row against a wall and the Passport America rate was given for those. There were simple restrooms in a trailer as I recall.

It was a bit tricky finding it the first time, so pay attention to their directions rather than GPS.

wanderingdawgs
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in a beautiful waterfront site beside the Arkansas River at Maumelle Campground, a Corps of Engineers Park. It's close to shopping and a short drive to downtown. The sites are water and electric and there is a dump station in the campground. You can see pictures and read about our stay here

If you prefer a full hook up park, friends of ours enjoyed their overnight stay at Downtown Riverside RV Park across the river from Little Rock.
Beth and Henry
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD/CC/DA
2006 Titanium 29E34TS
wanderingdawgs.com