cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Long weekend 4-5 hours Dayton Ohio

travel4family
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for recommendations for a 5 day weekend (Wed-Sunday) to do in late July or early August.

No big cities this trip... we're looking for a campground with a pool and nice sites, and a couple day trips within an 30-45 minutes of it.

Day trips might include nice local, state or national parks, or other scenic areas. We also like exploring small towns. Some hiking ok but we're limited with an injured leg this season.

We'd like to be within 4 hours (or a hair more) of the I75 / I70 intersection at Dayton.
Thanks everyone!
5 REPLIES 5

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
Hocking Hills State Park is great and there is plenty to do in the area. Only a couple hours drive from Dayton.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, misunderstood original post
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Pymatuning State Park?
Maumee Bay State Park?

kknowlton
Explorer
Explorer
We love KY Horse Park, but there is quite a bit of walking in the Horse Park (not that much in the CG, depending on the location of your site). Just FYI.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
We live in Dayton as well and just spent the weekend at Kentucky Horse Park Campground in Lexington. It's only 2.5hrs, but it is a very nice campground with a large pool, a couple playgrounds, tennis courts, basketball courts, bike trails into Lexington, and of course the Horse Park itself which is really cool. My daughter got to ride a pony and if she was older they offer trail rides as well as numerous other shows and attractions. We spent all day Saturday there.