cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for dog friendly park in Yuma, AZ

bjbear
Explorer
Explorer
Have spent the last 12 years in Gold Canyon at the same park. Unfortunately the costs keep escalating and the services keep shrinking. Thinking about trying Yuma next year.

Any recommendations for a DOG FRIENDLY park in Yuma that has reasonably large sites and lots of activities?
2006 Monaco Camelot 42-DSQ
09 Blazer 20' Covered Trailer
Toad - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
My Website
7 REPLIES 7

-lenny-
Explorer
Explorer
We spent January at Cocopah Bend RV & Golf resort. Dog park is almost 3 acres, and even though it isn’t fenced everyone lets their well mannered dogs off leash to play. Our dogs absolutely loved it, best experience we’ve had so far. Flanked by cauliflower fields and the golf course, it is outside of town on the north west side. Very quiet, all kinds of activities and everyone was so friendly. The rv sites are gravel with a concrete patio. We had plenty of room to park our dually in our site, and still have room to sit outside and enjoy the weather. Unfortunately I was not able to fix my slice.

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Fortuna De Oro, they have a couple of dog parks and built a new one in the last couple of years on the east side of the park that is closer to the road. We stay in that eastern area as it's not very occupied so dog walking is not a problem. Can't talk about longer stays as we only transit the area. The Palms also has dog parks. Both parks seem to have good rec facilities (pools etc.) Fortuna isn't expensive compared to The Palms.

bjbear
Explorer
Explorer
edbehnke wrote:
gosh, Yuma has a million parks, just let your fingers do a google.

No problem researching parks...... My experience though has been that although most parks take dogs, many barely tolerate them. Some parks have large areas where dogs are not allowed and many people who are actively anti-dog. One park I know of only allows you to take your dog to the dog park in a golf cart.

What I was hoping to find was someone who has been in a park and can recommend it based on how "dog friendly" it is.
2006 Monaco Camelot 42-DSQ
09 Blazer 20' Covered Trailer
Toad - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
My Website

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
gosh, Yuma has a million parks, just let your fingers do a google.
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

firemedic1992
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve stayed at Riverfront RV Park 2 years, they have a dog area and a non-dog area. The sites aren’t big (large enough for 38’ trailer and a stall for your vehicle and a bit). The nice thing is you are beside the Wetlands Park with trails (paved and non-paved) beside the Colorado River, plus areas to throw a ball for your pet, dog poop bags supplied. Worth a look.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Push the RV PARKS button at the top of this page to begin your search. I found 38 RV parks in the Yuma area that welcome pets.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Carefree Village has many activities and dog walking areas. Park is approx. 5 years old. For what they offer their rates are excellent. Fortuna Del Oro has activities but not sure of dogs. Go to www.whitesheetonline.com There are quite a few park ads in the publication.