cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Los Angeles???

travelingbard
Explorer
Explorer
Headed to the LA area for a few weeks and still trying to sort out where to stay! We'll probably stay at Dockweiler for a week or two, but still looking at some good options that would put us close to West Hollywood (where all of our friends live) or Santa Monica (where all of our friends hang out with not in West HW)...

We're in a 34' Class A, so boondocking in Venice isn't an options... ๐Ÿ˜ž

Any suggestions???
(BTW - the place in Malibu is just out of their tree on rates...)

Thanks!
--
2003 Fleetwood Flair 33R
Musician/Composer & Graphic Artist Onboard (plus 2 cats)
11 REPLIES 11

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Actually if you go to Malibu Beach RV Park during their off season (October - May 21st), the prices are decent. Other time of the year is high. I would actually prefer the off season time of the year. Plus, based on it's location, it beats possibly sitting in traffic going to and fro.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Map of California State Beaches

Check with ReserveAmerica for the facilities at each beach. That is, if you have decided on a beach stay rather than inland somewhere.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
The ones I know about haven't been mentioned, Walnut RV in Northridge, it's between the 101 and the 118, close to the 405. In Simi Valley is a Ventura County Park, Tapo Canyon, about 3 miles north of the 118, full hookup, long flat sites. There's one close to the Van Nuys airport, Birmingham, or something like that, it's old and tight sites. I agree with others, LA is just not rv friendly, not much there. I assume you are staying at Dockweiler state beach, there's also a private park named Dockweiler rv park, Playa Del Rey???, I think. It's on www.rvparkreviews.com

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
There is EastShore RV Park in Pomona/San Dimas area. They're big rig friendly, priced right and within reasonable distance of most major attractions, etc.

East Shore RV Park
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
You don't just "probably" stay at Dockweiler, or any beach for that matter unless you have reservations WELL in advance. In the Santa Barbara area that's 7 months. Commute-wise probably the best commute CG is Travel Village in Valencia. Time-wise it's closer than Long Beach. Hopefully you're bringing a car?
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Seneca_35GS
Explorer
Explorer
I have joined the ELK's. Elk's are RV friendly and many lodges have limited RV spaces at their lodge. Lodges are usually located thru-out major metro. areas. Camping rates are usually $20 to $25/night. When you become a member you can purchase catalog's that list all lodges that have RV camping.

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
If malibu is too expensive you can go further up pch to the state parks or inland to Simi Valley. Long Beach is nice too. Check them out here
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Again, LA is not an RV friendly city. The RV park in Malibu is lovely, a bit pricey, and on the wrong side of the highway for the price, but an option, it will keep you on the city side of the Santa Monica mountains. Not a big mountain, but a traffic bottleneck. My way you can choose between Travel Village in Valencia and Castaic RV just of the 5 a few miles north of Valencia. Both are nice suburban parks but driving to LA will take 45 min to 90 min depending on the time of travel.
Enjoy.

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
presume no military access? Decent cheap campground at Point Magu near Malibu.

I've also stayed at a decent place in Anaheim with affordable rates but nowhere near where you want to be. If you are stuck and have to drive, I can look up the name.
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
The only really good RV park in the LA area is Golden Shores in Long Beach. Very south end of LB freeway. Near the freeway so not too bad getting to Hollywood.

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
The way I see it, the higher the land value, the fewer the RV parks.