cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Loveland CO

ediemarie
Explorer
Explorer
planning on 4 nights next year, May, in Loveland.

was thinking about Boyd Lake State Park but not crazy about the "no water."

read several reviews of other GC's but didn't really find anything that sounded that great. hoping maybe someone has found a hidden gem in the area.

thanks in advance - EM
7 REPLIES 7

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Trust Thom's input.

We lived in Estes 8 years but left in 2003 and been back a few times. We used Riverview toward the last as we no longer wanted to stay in Estes. We like FHU's though.

Enjoy.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

ediemarie
Explorer
Explorer
thanks so much for the replies. think we've about decided to go ahead and go
with Boyd Lake GC. thanks again!

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boyd Lake and Riverview are the 2 that I would recommend. Boyd Lake is practically in my back yard (I live near the lake to the west of Boyd), and is the nicest place around the area. As was pointed out, there's common water in the loops, electric at the sites, and showers as well. It's very popular, so book as early as you can.

Riverview has been completely rebuilt. It was destroyed in the Big Thompson Flood of 2013, and took them about a year to rebuild. The interior roads are dirt/gravel, and there are sites that border the river as well as more interior sites. The new landscaping is starting to mature nicely, and it's pretty much bounced back from the devastation of the flood.

These are really the only 2 that I would recommend in and around Loveland. There are 3 KOA's around Fort Collins (one just outside of town on the north end/one in Laporte at the Poudre Canyon turn off/one north of Wellington). They tend to have a goodly number of long term sites at all 3. Others in Loveland area I would not recommend for more than an overnight stay.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is Riverview just west of Loveland (toward Estes Park) it has FHU. Problem there is the interior roads are dirt and when it is dry, the dust is pretty intense. We stayed there a few days a couple of years ago until a fire up the road caused the road to RMNP to be shut down. Our site was on the river and the sound of the rushing water was nice. We were able to get a satellite signal believe it or not! In the evening a water truck came by a couple of times and turned the powdery dust into sticky mud for a couple or three hours.
It is not the worst place we have stayed, but it is certainly not the nicest either. We would likely stay there again if we were in that area
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Oh and sorry, I don't know of any CG's in that area that have water at every site. The others I know of are out west of Loveland... Carter Lake etc. They are ran by Larimer County.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

ediemarie
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:
We just camped at Boyd Lake last month. There is water, just not water hookups at every site. Each loop has a spigot. Not sure what size water tank you have, but I would think you'd be fine to fill up before parking for only 4 nights. They also have bathroom/shower facilities that are in decent shape, so you could use those to save on water.

If you do decide to go, we had site 128. It didn't have the water view but felt very private to us, and since it was an end spot, there was lots of extra grass and there was some shade. Also easy to pull through and park, our TT is almost 32'. The interior spots seemed to be a lot more cramped.

thanks for the input. I've continued looking and haven't come up with any alternatives. tried Fort Collins also and came up empty handed.

thanks again, safe travels!

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
We just camped at Boyd Lake last month. There is water, just not water hookups at every site. Each loop has a spigot. Not sure what size water tank you have, but I would think you'd be fine to fill up before parking for only 4 nights. They also have bathroom/shower facilities that are in decent shape, so you could use those to save on water.

If you do decide to go, we had site 128. It didn't have the water view but felt very private to us, and since it was an end spot, there was lots of extra grass and there was some shade. Also easy to pull through and park, our TT is almost 32'. The interior spots seemed to be a lot more cramped.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor