Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Massachusetts or Connecticut Campground

Jnbaun
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
We're heading up to Maine and I need a place to stop for the night in Massachusetts near I-84 and I-90. I'd even go for something on the northern end of Connecticut near I-84.
I'm waaayyy behind on my planning for this trip since we're leaving this Friday morning so I'll take all the help I can get.
John :C
Wife - Renee:R and 2 young men: ages 24 and 19
5 REPLIES 5

Jnbaun
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replys. We're going with Wilderness Lake in CT. We wanted hookups and we have a dog. I didn't research other states but I know in PA that you can only have a dog in certain state parks and then only in certain areas of those parks and they fill up quick.
Thanks for the help.
John :C
Wife - Renee:R and 2 young men: ages 24 and 19

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
In Willington, CT there's Wilderness Lake Campground. Campground is about 5 minute drive from I84 and about 20 to 30 min west of the MA, CT boarder

Was there yrs ago and in my same town...It's a average campground.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

GoneCamping
Explorer
Explorer
There are several choices in Sturbridge area just before where I-84 meets I-90. I've stayed in two of them. Wells State Park is nice, woodsy, but no hook-up's, but if you need a place to park for the night, this is nice and it's relatively cheap.

I also stayed at the Jelly Stone in Sturbridge, it wasn't as nice, but I did have full hook-up's. Google "campgrounds near sturbridge" and you'll get a complete list...
*Cliff*
"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration!"

2000 Ford F-150
2005 Coachmen Spirit of America 300 TBS
Chesapeake, Virginia

demoon
Explorer
Explorer
We live in the area and sad to say, there ain't no such place. Choices along 84 through CT and 90 in MA are not good. The only place I could recommend would be Wells State Park in Sturbridge, which has no hookups, but is very nice. If you could bite the bullet and go another 35 miles, I would strongly recommend Boston Minuteman, which is a short distance off 495. http://www.minutemancampground.com/

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Well State Park in Sturbridge MA if you're just passing through.