cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MBTP

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone, just thought I'd pass this on to any who care. Those of you who frequent MBTP (will know what this means) they have announced they are removing all of the picnic shelters. Because a couple of people have trouble getting in and out of the sites. They have asked for comments.
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)
10 REPLIES 10

Farm_Camp
Explorer
Explorer
3 dog nights wrote:
Apparently they listened to the feedback. They cancelled plans to remove the shelters.

Their Facebook page blew up with folks angry about the plan. I'd guesstimate there were at least 90% of those commenting opposed to having them removed... I also e-mail a comment to the management in opposition.

It does seem that they listened. I'm glad they are keeping them. I'm 60ish feet long and the shelters are not IMHO any real issue. One time I did decide to back out of my spot, but that was because I was in a site with a bath house right in front and I worried I'd take out some of their shrubs. The shelters are not an issue.

I normally don't like to leave my awning out at the beach because of the wind, and those shelters are the perfect remedy. They also provided a really neat place to gather or even just hang towels or keep the sandy stuff you do not need the kids dragging back inside the camper.

I'd understand if they wanted to take some out for the mega RVs that might have trouble maneuvering.
TV: 2010 F250 XLT 4X4 SC SB 5.4L 3.73 - "The Blue Monster" (2013-2018) Traded at 100K
TV: 2017 F250 XLT 4X4 CC SB 6.7L PD 3.31 - "The Silver Streak"
TT: 2014 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU

Our Story...
Places we've camped

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently they listened to the feedback. They cancelled plans to remove the shelters.
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Me. I like the shelters. Really make the camping much better. And honestly. I never had any problem pulling out of my site.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Been going to MBTP for close to 25 years and enjoy those shelters. We usually hang a hammock under and swing in the shade...

I understand that they want to remove them because MOST use them as drying racks for towels and bathing suits..

I will miss them if they go, but will be fine without them

** ON EDIT

I read last night on their site that they have already decided to remove the shelters starting this October.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
We have been going to MBTP since the early 70's. We always enjoyed having a picnic shelter but we also prefer smaller units - never a problem with access.
Why don't they keep one section for those who like shelters ? ? ? Not everyone needs a big rig in order to be comfortable.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
We had some difficulty the two times we've been there. The shelters are nice but those of us who have RVs generally have an escape from the elements.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
Myrtle Beach Travel Park.

Agree totally. I was there in April. Just about impossible to pull out with the shelters with most size trailers. I had to back out.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google comes up with Medicine Bow Trading post.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
What is MBTP ?, I don't know if I frequent the area unless I know what MBTP means.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
You do know about the multiple post rule, right?