cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miami - Key West - Naples areas

ArcticDodge
Explorer
Explorer
NO RV – This will be a Fly n Drive Vacation as we only have 12 days.

Planning a visit to Miami, Key West & Naples areas April 2-12 2014. Will fly in and out of Miami.

Points of Interest beyond the cities on my list are Dry Torugas & Everglades. What else should I consider to see and do other than laying about on a beach? Any special eateries?

Thanks
2009 Komfort 256TS
2001 Dodge Ram 3500 QC 4x4 Cummins DRW
2005 Dodge Durango Limited AWD HEMI
2006 Dodge Charger R/T HEMI
2001 Sebring Convertible
1995 Miata M-Edition
1 Wife :W 2 Boys UW & Bellevue College
1 Trixie (Bichon Frise)
Only 21 years to retirement!!!!
4 REPLIES 4

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
On the way to the keys at 28655 S. Dixie Hwy., Homestead, FL., stop off at the Coral Castle for a few hours. A mysterious story behind an incredible task. Featured on the old TV series, "In Search Of" ('77-'82) hosted by Leonard Nimoy.

On edit: When you get to La Cayo Hueso. swing by 1303 Whiltehead St and see if my old homestead is still there. During the hurricanes back in the 60s, the termites held hands to keep dinner on the table for many years to come.:B
RVn Full-time

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
When you are heading to Key West and you are on Big Pine Key, check out the miniature Key Deer if you have never seen one.
Take a right at the only traffic lights onto Key Deer Blvd, (not the sharp right that leads to No name Key). then go down three or four miles and take a left at Gulf Drive, (there is a large green utility box on the corner). Just drive slow, and look around in the yards, and you are guaranteed to see some.

When in the southern Everglades after you enter the park after a few miles take a left to the Anhinga Trail and walk the fairly short trail.
You'll see more wild life in their natural habitat then you'll ever see in a zoo.

Lots more too depending on you likes and dislikes

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

mguay
Explorer
Explorer
In Key West...our favorite place to eat is The Hogfish Bar and Grill. It is near MM5 on Stock Island and a local favorite.
2007 Volvo VNL 780 D12/Ultra Shift Singled
2017 Smart Fortwo Prime Cabrio
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3715FB

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on what you like. Lots to do in this area.

If you like history visit the Edison/Ford winter homes in Ft. Myers. (just north of Naples) Plan for about 3-4 hours. A real insight into these men.

If want to gawk at mansions there are lots in Naples to see. The Naples Pier at sunset is nice and no where as crowded as Key West.

Want real seafood, prepared properly? Kelly's Fish House, on US 41, in Naples. The fish literally arrive in the back door, off the dock there.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006