cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Motel near Charlotte NC

VinnyP
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to Florida first week of January. Planning on stopping for the night in the Charlotte area. Can anyone recommend a motel close to I77 that is inexpensive, clean, safe and where we can park a 42'fifth wheel and tow vehicle? Tall order I know, but I don't feel like dewinterizing and setting up just for one night.
Thanks for the help
Vinny & Rita
The Bronx, NY
2013 F350 Lariat 6.7L PSD CC
2012 Cedar Creek 36B4
2009 Holiday Rambler Savoy LX
2015 Rockwood 2109S Mini-Lite
11 REPLIES 11

fil564
Explorer
Explorer
Charlotte/Fort Mill KOA was our stopover on the way to Georgia, nice place and plenty of room and just off the interstate so it was easy on to head South
2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 6.7L Powerstroke
2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3008W
1 Wife
2 Really Spoiled Shih Tzu's
that have Passed the Rainbow Bridge

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
VinnyP wrote:
Heading to Florida first week of January. Planning on stopping for the night in the Charlotte area. Can anyone recommend a motel close to I77 that is inexpensive, clean, safe and where we can park a 42'fifth wheel and tow vehicle? Tall order I know, but I don't feel like dewinterizing and setting up just for one night.
Thanks for the help

Pretty sure that if you stay in the RV only one night, and then head on down to Fla. you would not need to winterize again.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Cocky_Camper
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with Rock Hill, which is 30 miles south of Charlotte that will have you out of the AM Charlotte traffic. If you choose Rock Hill, stay at one off of Dave Lyle Blvd and avoid those off of Cherry Road.

Since you have a fifth wheel, look at Ebeneezer Park. It is a nice quiet county owner park on Lake Wylie in Rock Hill. It is about 7 miles from I-77 and runs $29 per night for out of county rate. Seniors get a $4 discount per night. I see that you don't want to dewinterize, but they have nice clean bath houses.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Watch the weather as you should be able to de-winterize at the KOA in the Charlotte area. Typically, daytime temperatures will be way above freezing and night time temperatures will be at freezing. After driving all day from Charlotte, you will be where freezing at night is rare.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
The Econolodge advertises they have bus parking so I would assume. They are 60 bucks a night

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
AS mentioned, you could do a pull through of the KOA. I'm sure they have a bath house you can use. They "may" be cheaper than a hotel. And at least you can sleep in your own bed.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Chrisatthebeach wrote:
Try going on through to Rock Hill just south of Charlotte. That way the next morning you will not have to face the horrible traffic.

There is also a KOA at Fort Mill SC that is open.

Agree if it's a weekday. However, if over a weekend, you can look above Charlotte in the Mooresville area.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
Try going on through to Rock Hill just south of Charlotte. That way the next morning you will not have to face the horrible traffic.

There is also a KOA at Fort Mill SC that is open.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
You could stay on board and flush with pink stuff. Order breakfast from McDonalds! Keep a bottle of drinking water around for incidentals.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

lucy6194
Explorer
Explorer
Look for a red roof inn

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Try this site from allstays.com

http://www.allstays.com/hotel-maps/North-Carolina-truck-motels.htm
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4