cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New England Travel

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
Just made reservations in upstate NY, Maine, CT and Mass. for middle of September. Went to add additional site in Massachusetts, and was told we were not allowed to come to Mass from Pennsylvania. Only other New England residents were allowed to make reservation for ANY campground in Mass or Maine...(ME, CT, Mass, VT, NH and NY). I found it very odd that this came up after already making reservations in sites in Mass and Maine. Hefty fine of $500/day for those found not paying attention.
Anyone run into this?
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee
19 REPLIES 19

dedmiston
This isn't a thread for mask debate. Please join a Mask forum to argue about masks.

Go maskdebate someplace else.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
"Masks are worn to primarily protect others should the wearer be infected, not the other way around. They significantly reduce the spread of droplets (if worn correctly)."

Do tell! Please provide some links to papers with confirming data showing that actually works in this case.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
You did not answer my question, if YOU are wearing a mask then you believe that you are 'protected'. So how does someone else not wearing one affect YOU who are wearing one?

Masks are worn to primarily protect others should the wearer be infected, not the other way around. They significantly reduce the spread of droplets (if worn correctly).
2017 LTV Unity

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
You did not answer my question, if YOU are wearing a mask then you believe that you are 'protected'. So how does someone else not wearing one affect YOU who are wearing one?

Because you are spreading the virus into the air, on surfaces, etc. You can be spraying it onto my skin, my possessions, or in the air which could make it around my mask. No mask is 100%, but if you put my mask and your mask together the chance of my getting your virus is greatly reduced.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Superbumper

LJAZ
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
jimbo4UT wrote:
Yea i don't get the whole it's my freedom thing and this virus. Does freedom really mean we have the right to make others sick

Tell me this, if you believe in masks and wear one then you are 'protected'. How does someone not wearing a mask affect you??

Because a person can have the disease and spread it without yet having any symptoms. Therefore you go about your normal activities without realizing you are spreading it. The mask cuts down on spreading the virus to other people.
2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4
2009 Funfinder 210 WBS
Prodigy P3

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
We live in Massachusetts. My wife and I are in full quarantine waiting for our covid 19 test results. We returned from a 25 day Midwest road trip yesterday (Aug 15) at around 8am. We had our test set up at a local hospital for yesterday too. Those tests cost us $150 each which we had to pay out of our pocket. Results in 24 to 72 hours. We'll see. Until we get the results we must fully quarantine. We filled out the required Mass travel form, and have been getting text messages from the state reminding us of the returning traveler requirements. My opinion on these rules really don't matter though. I just don't want to get fined $500 per day for not following them.. Before entering this state I would strongly suggest you look up these Mass travel rules that took effect Aug 1.

Ok. To be fair. We took our tests yesterday aug 15, at 1020am.
We just received our negative results at 305pm today, aug 16. I am impressed.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
jimbo4UT wrote:
Yea i don't get the whole it's my freedom thing and this virus. Does freedom really mean we have the right to make others sick

Tell me this, if you believe in masks and wear one then you are 'protected'. How does someone not wearing a mask affect you??
Superbumper

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Which amendment covers 'right to travel'? I guess I missed that one
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
Ct
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

jimbo4UT
Explorer
Explorer
Yea i don't get the whole it's my freedom thing and this virus. Does freedom really mean we have the right to make others sick and possibly die? Gee where were all you freedom lovers when aids was going around? Why did you not speak up when laws were passed to criminalize aids? I just shake my head when someone says that it is there right to make me sick - we sure have sunk as a country haven't we?

Notice i said nothing political and i would love to keep it that way. Just think we were close to getting it under control and now look at us as a country. Truly sad.

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
Court ruling.
agesilaus wrote:
Just waiting for someone to take this to court. Probably unconstitutional blocking of freedom of travel.

lampooner
Explorer
Explorer
made mistake of getting promoted one to many times. Lived in MA 20 years, they can screw-up a train wreck!
Lampooner

Remember you are only young once,
but you can be immature forever!

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
Maine has a mandatory quarantine/negative test requirement for anyone entering the state. You should research each state's current restrictions and make sure you can comply before making reservations.
2017 LTV Unity