cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Jersey

4snowbirds
Explorer
Explorer
Want to visit NJ coastline, not interested in Atlantic City.
Any rv campground suggestions. We have a 5th wheel and 2 dogs.
7 REPLIES 7

shar3890
Explorer
Explorer
There are many campgrounds along Rt 9 south of Atlantic City. If you want to go to traditional boardwalk type of town, then you might want to go to Ocean City. Whipporwill campgrounds would be closest to this point. Stayed there many times. Nice, big sites.
If you want to go further South towards Sea Isle or Avalon, then Avalon campground would be my recommendation. Small cute park.
Next point going South would be Stone Harbor and Wildwood. Seashore campsites and Big timberlake campground are nice parks near this area.
Furthest point South is of course Cape May. Beachcomber, Holly Lakes are both nice campgrounds in this area.
We have stayed in all these campgrounds. All are nice. Just depends which part of the Jersey shore you want to go to.

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
on our way back from the outerbanks last week we stopped in cape may for a couple nights. We stayed at the KOA, the site was big, but I wasn't excited about the rest of the campground, it wasn't bad, the pool was ok at best. We did visit holly shores down the road and liked the place for its facilities, campsites were short though. As for the rest of the area, just not my thing, cape may is over priced and wildwood is a zoo.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Cape May County

We like Holly Shores and dogs are welcome.

Jerseydevil
Explorer
Explorer
Cape May as others stated unless you are planning to visit another area of Jersey shore.

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
Cape May. Beachcomber is nice and near everything. Sunset Beach is only minutes away, and dogs ARE allowed.

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Plenty in cape May county. Most are within a few miles of beaches and several wineries.
Some of the RV parks are basic and clean... Just a place to spend the night and then go see the sights, as opposed to places you would go to hang out on site all day
I'm down there about 6 to 8 weekends per summer at my moms beach house, and I'd be happy to guide you in detail about the area
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Try Cape May area.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu