cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New RV Park Reviews website is now online

docj
Explorer
Explorer
The new and improved RV Park Reviews website has gone live. Spend some time exploring it. Additional features will be added over time. Please let us know of any bugs you encounter; we can guarantee there will be some! :B RV Park Reviews
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels
74 REPLIES 74

docj
Explorer
Explorer
Pirate wrote:
I won't complain too much since it is free, but I already mentioned that I would like the window of recent reviews to hold more reviews. I tend to watch that for new campgrounds and bad reviews. Hard to say how many reviews I miss now.

I've already put that idea to the development team to see if it can be incorporated. When they finish fixing this first round of bugs they will spend time evaluating changes and improvements. Thanks for the suggestion.
Sandie & Joel

Pirate1
Explorer
Explorer
I won't complain too much since it is free, but I already mentioned that I would like the window of recent reviews to hold more reviews. I tend to watch that for new campgrounds and bad reviews. Hard to say how many reviews I miss now.

docj
Explorer
Explorer
ependydad wrote:
docj wrote:
I think that is a sensible suggestion that we could live with. Since this is Day 2 of the new website, you can imagine that we're trying to stay afloat identifying and fixing bugs. :B But we are compiling a fix of "additional features" that we'd like to add at a later date and I will put this one on that list. Thanks

The biggest feature that I'd like to see is when looking at the count of reviews to be able to click and see say just the 1-star reviews or just the 4-star reviews. If nothing else, adding a sort option to for the reviews would get closer to that.

On edit, I love the new site. Tell Janet that I said so. ๐Ÿ™‚

I like the idea of reading reviews with specific ratings; I use that feature on Amazon and TripAdvisor all the time. I'll recommend it to Janet! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Sandie & Joel

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
docj wrote:
I think that is a sensible suggestion that we could live with. Since this is Day 2 of the new website, you can imagine that we're trying to stay afloat identifying and fixing bugs. :B But we are compiling a fix of "additional features" that we'd like to add at a later date and I will put this one on that list. Thanks

The biggest feature that I'd like to see is when looking at the count of reviews to be able to click and see say just the 1-star reviews or just the 4-star reviews. If nothing else, adding a sort option to for the reviews would get closer to that.

On edit, I love the new site. Tell Janet that I said so. ๐Ÿ™‚
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
This is so funny regarding the complaints and the praises.

As with any new system, they will all have kinks at first. Try it for a while and you'll get used to it.

Thanks for the upgrade!!!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
The new site is much better. Great job!
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

deejay41
Explorer
Explorer
I liked the old one much, much better.
New is not always better.
If it ain't broke, Don't fix it!!
US Air Force (retired)
Tiffin Allegro Bus Class A
Cat Diesel Pusher
Blue Ox Aventa 2 w/ Brake Buddy
Dodge Dakota - Toad

Have Dogs-Will Travel

docj
Explorer
Explorer
RVcrazy wrote:
I really liked the feature that let you limit your search to only those parks rated above 7.5 etc. and miss it on the new version. When we tried it on the cell phone, half the space was taken up with ads. Is it possible to slightly reduce this space to 1/3 so that we can see more of the actual review on the screen? Thanks!

Since the old system didn't create an average score for parks, I'm puzzled as to how you were able to search using it. I don't recall an ability to search for parks by scores. If you had found a way to do this I would be interested in learning what I had overlooked.
Sandie & Joel

docj
Explorer
Explorer
the silverback wrote:
I liked the old site much better. Also having trouble having my reviews posted.

Please describe the problems you are having getting your reviews posted. Since the site has only been online for 3 days I assume you are referring to something in the submission process not the approval process. Please let us know so we can fix any problems.
Sandie & Joel

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
I really liked the feature that let you limit your search to only those parks rated above 7.5 etc. and miss it on the new version. When we tried it on the cell phone, half the space was taken up with ads. Is it possible to slightly reduce this space to 1/3 so that we can see more of the actual review on the screen? Thanks!

the_silverback
Explorer
Explorer
I liked the old site much better. Also having trouble having my reviews posted.
the silverback
2015 crossroads Rushmore 5th wheel

docj
Explorer
Explorer
lasttruck wrote:
Seems to be a glitch this morning. All I get is the following via old and new links.

Error in exception handler

We're still resolving some server issues but it was online when I wrote this response.
Sandie & Joel

docj
Explorer
Explorer
Major Dad wrote:
We have started traveling with smartphone (Android) and leaving the laptop at home. Yes, we are trying to make it into the 21st Century. I appreciate that the new website is mobile device friendly; it makes it much easier to use on the go. Also, it loads much more quickly. I say this even though I really liked the old website, and don't enjoy learning to navigate new websites in general.

My understanding is that the phone app that is under development will provide at least the ability to access the park database and probably the average ratings offline without a network connection. Reading reviews would necessitate being online.
Sandie & Joel

lasttruck
Explorer
Explorer
Seems to be a glitch this morning. All I get is the following via old and new links.

Error in exception handler
07 F150
10 Chalet XL1935
15 Fleetwood Brittany Park
Evergreen Coho SKP Park Website
Evergreen Coho SKP Park on Facebook

Major_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
We have started traveling with smartphone (Android) and leaving the laptop at home. Yes, we are trying to make it into the 21st Century. I appreciate that the new website is mobile device friendly; it makes it much easier to use on the go. Also, it loads much more quickly. I say this even though I really liked the old website, and don't enjoy learning to navigate new websites in general.
2017 Thor Compass 23TR last RV
MV-1 Mobility ventures wheelchair van
DH+DW 36+ years
Millie the fawn brindle greyhound