cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Years camping in PA, MD DE, NJ???

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does anyone know of a campground within 2-3 hours of Philadelphia that's open AND has something planned for New Years? We have a backup location, but would like to find something special for the kids.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread
10 REPLIES 10

njtony
Explorer
Explorer
Timberlane in clarksboro by cross the river and go to phila say hi to Bonnie for us.

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
weathershak wrote:
Lums Pond in Bear Delaware is open, but only 6 sites with electric. Killens Pond is open, but only Electric at sites and open heated restrooms and showers. Dump station and water are available....Delaware Seashore SP is open with electric and sewer only. I believe all bath houses are now closed. There is a place to get water on the south side campground by the tent area. There are no CG activities but you can take a very short ride to museums, beaches and boardwalks. Check out Delaware State Parks website for planned activities at the parks. I may be there, depending on weather.

I think Lum's Pond is closed this winter as they upgrade the park to full hook up sites.
Old Mill Stream in Lancaster I believe is open again year round but no planned activities.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
AllStays Camp and RV app's advanced filter lets you show only parks that are open all year.

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
Lums Pond in Bear Delaware is open, but only 6 sites with electric. Killens Pond is open, but only Electric at sites and open heated restrooms and showers. Dump station and water are available....Delaware Seashore SP is open with electric and sewer only. I believe all bath houses are now closed. There is a place to get water on the south side campground by the tent area. There are no CG activities but you can take a very short ride to museums, beaches and boardwalks. Check out Delaware State Parks website for planned activities at the parks. I may be there, depending on weather.
Full timing it since July 2012

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks everyone!

I'm still looking for a place with planned activities, but haven't found one yet. I know some friends that used to do Elk Neck in MD, but they're closed in the winter now. We have a local state park that's open, but would like to find something new.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Might want to check Otter Creek in Stroudsburg, Pa. Know its open all year and usually has numerous planned activities even in the winter.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
I think Timberlane is the closest to Philly (from NJ) Just off I-295...exit somewhere around milemarker (exit) 14 or 16. Google it. Been there. Nice place.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Timberlane in Clarksboro NJ is open year round.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
If you use the good sam search engine for finding campground the season they are open is always listed I have found them to be 100% accurate
Under Park Features select "open all year"

Example
Lat, Lon: 36.37, -105.59292
Digital Ad
View Website Good Sam members
SAVE 10% at this location.
Not a Member?
Learn More Good Sam Ratings (?)
Facility

7.5 Restrooms
8.5 Appeal

Card(s) Accepted: Debit, Discover, Visa, Master Card, American Express
Last Year's Rate: $35 to $46
Season Open All Year
Elevation(ft): 7,151
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know of any that have New Year Events but the Jersey Shore is still quite warm (I was down the beach in a t-shirt this past week)..... If you find a campground then head out to Cape May/Wildwood for the New Year.

I know Belleplein SP is open all year round
Gerry