cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New York state park....

JK3045
Explorer
Explorer
Someone told us of a cg near new york city that we could take the train from the park to the city but I can't remember the name. Anyone ever heard of it?
8 REPLIES 8

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
Harriman would have no utilities, while some sites at Croton Point do. Croton is a pretty small CG though. It is so much nicer since they closed and capped the landfill next to the CG about 10-15 years ago. It also used to be difficult to access the point because there was only a narrow one-lane bridge over the Metro North train yard, and you had to compete with all the garbage trucks. The bridge was eventually replaced with a larger two-lane one, which is much better for RVs. The CG is literally only a mile from the train station (you pass it on the way in). Parking on a week day may be an issue with the thousands of commuters.

Beware, when I was there last time we had skunks around our site, and our dog almost got sprayed late at night.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

JK3045
Explorer
Explorer
Ok ...thank you folks !!!

Xflyhighx
Explorer
Explorer
I'm here at Croton On Hudson as we speak.That is the park your talking about. The park right know they say is booked till sept 30th. Very nice park, give them a call. I forgot TV channels are far and few and sat. Is almost impossible with the trees.
2019 Cedar Creek Champagne 38EL
TrailAir Pin Box
Hensley TS3 trailer saver
2017 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 dually
14' Porta-bote
Honda 3000is or 2 Honda 2000โ€™s
Life is good in the good old USA

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
Croton Point Park is the place. Rates are reasonable if you stay a week.
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

eb145
Explorer
Explorer
Croton Point Park is a County Park north of the city. There is a commuter train station just outside of the park entrance. About 1 mile from the campsites.

About 45 minutes by train, Metro North, to Grand Central Station, NYC.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I've never been there but, it's probably Liberty Harbor RV Park.

libertyharborrv.com (can't make a clicky on the kindle)

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
Try this.

http://www.myharriman.com/take-train-harriman-west-side-park/
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
I am not positive of the name it has been a long time since we were there but try Harriman SP I think that's right.
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro