cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NYS State parks w/ lake picnic areas

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I were chatting what NYS Parks we could go to for a pickeynic (Yogi Bear) that have a lake/beach while RVing? RV is 41' so won't fit into most SP's and also would like some privacy between sites. Only one we know of is MooseHillLock near Lake George (Great CG!!) We would leave the RV at the Cg and go to the SP for picnic/lunch. A couple come to mind: Green Lakes and Nick's (near Old Forge). But nearby CG's may not accommodate our coach.

Look forward to what you all have to say. TIA
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
6 REPLIES 6

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/24480.html
Not sure if you will fit at the campground, but it is also day use.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.visitlakegeorge.com/things-to-do/feeder-canal
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.visitlakegeorge.com/recreation/wayside-beach
Usally not to crowded during the week, or in june.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Lake george and the surounding area, has a few state parks, with lakes for swimming and picnics. It depends on really what your going for. Lake george has a large crowded beach, go up the hill twords lake Luzerne, stay around the moss hillock area, and there is a state park there, go up all the way to lake Luzerne for a smaller lake, swimming and bathrooms. Or try something diffrent and look for the feeder canal, a few exits away, has a bike or walking trail. There is a also a beach along that area on the hudson.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Formerly a pup owner.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Green Lakes State Park has a loop with full hookups that will easily accommodate your 41' coach. Some are pull-thru's with the rest back-in's. Wellsley Island State Park also has sites that will accommodate your rig, especially in the "Fox" loop that has full hookups. Robert Moses State Park (near Massena, not Long Island) also has a number of electric only sites that will accept your coach, as does Gilbert Lake State Park. All have picnic areas with a water view, and some have sites with a water view.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
ACZL wrote:
We would leave the RV at the Cg and go to the SP for picnic/lunch.
Look forward to what you all have to say. TIA

Hartwick Highlands Campground in Cooperstown NY has larger pull through sites and down the road is Ostego Lake/Glimmerglass State Park & Beach

Hope this helps
Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)