cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

OBX if that is what it is called??

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading to Camp Hatteras if spelling is ok. We are going middle late Sept. Any suggestions on eating, cannot miss, must see in the area? also We are wanting to stay near Ashville seems to be about half way for us. We want to stay a week in the area and don't want to leave out some areas that are must see visit ect. Thanks Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide
4 REPLIES 4

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
Will visit OBX this weekend. Staying at Camp Hatteras. You will enjoy it. You can see the sunrise over the ocean, and walk across the highway to the west side of thecampground and watch the sunset over the Sound. I just enjoy it for the beach and the laid back lifestyle found while "living on a sandbar"

Do catch the ferry boat over to Ocracoke Island. Have a nice lunch and people watch. I've climbed the lighthouse a couple of times so I will skip that, but it is worth the climb.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

jml
Explorer
Explorer
Two years ago we went to this RV park in July, visited Hatteras Lighthouse and also Wright brothers national memorial park. Here is the link http://www.nps.gov/wrbr/index.htm

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
I found the Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum interesting. Near the Ocracoke ferry dock. They have a German code machine that divers brought up from a sunken sub decades after WWII and a lot of shipwreck info.

You can climb the Hatteras Lighthouse if you are so inclined.

There's a free 30minute ferry to Ocracoke Island with frequent trips back and forth, so could do a day trip. Cute little town to walk around, Preservation Museum, Park Service visitor center, restaurants near the dock.

jayco304
Explorer
Explorer
Search "OBX" in the search function and I think you will find all the information you are looking for. We like ribs from Sooeys BBQ in Nags Head and Burgers from Top Dog Cafe right down the street from Camp Hatteras. Seafood catch your own and cook at your campsite or there are plenty of good places. Thinks not to missing are all 4 light houses, Jockey Ridge, Wright Brothers, Ocracoke, and the AWESOME FISHING. Go prepared for high winds and terrible bugs. If you can battle those two items you will love it.
Please visit www.cram-a-lot-inn.com to learn more about our travel adventures.

2000 F350 7.3PSD
2010 Jayco 324BHDS Travel Trailer