cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ohio to Florida

tamischmidt
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any favorite campgrounds just off I75 in KY, TN, or GA?
We're looking for the usual...easy in and out for a 37' fiver. Thanks!
15 REPLIES 15

GTO66
Explorer II
Explorer II
north of Atlanta, red top mountain, south of Atlanta high falls or near white springs florida Stephen foster all state parks with easy access off I75.

rwess
Explorer
Explorer
I used to tell people not to go thru Atlanta to use US 27 instead. I have stopped recommending US 27 because I love driving 70 mph on a 65 mph rural divided highway with very little traffic instead of sitting in stop and go traffic for hours while trying to get thru Atlanta.
rwess
USN Ret.
2017 Open Range 216RBS
2010 Chevy 2500HD Z71 4x4 LT

rwess
Explorer
Explorer
Last time we stayed at High Falls State Park had to call the Rangers because of the dopers camping next to us. If you do go there camp in lower campground not lakeside campground, it is more secure!
rwess
USN Ret.
2017 Open Range 216RBS
2010 Chevy 2500HD Z71 4x4 LT

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
RGar974417 wrote:
In Georgia, we stayed at High Falls State Park which is about 20 miles south of Atlanta and maybe 5 miles off I-75.The Riverside Campground has lots of large sites with water and electric hookups. They also have laundry facilities. When we were there it was about $30 a night.

I'll second High Falls State Park. Easy place to get in and out of, nice clean campground. Though I believe its a bit further from Atlanta (maybe 30-40 miles) and its less than 1 mile off the interstate.

Can't help on the other places because we don't travel there for camping and our FL camping is nowhere near the interstate.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

Sqdancecaller
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back from this same trip, Ohio to Florida and back. On our way down we spent 1 night at Lazy Acres RV Park in Lenior City Tn. (had dinner with our niece so this was the reason for stopping here). The 2nd night we overnighted at River Park RV Park in Voldosta, Ga. Easy access off of I75. For the next week we stayed at the Happy Traveler RV Park in Thonotosassa, Fl. It was close to all the daily activities we had planned. On our return trip we stayed 1 night at Interstate RV Center and Campground in Byron, Ga. Can't say enough about how friendly and helpful the staff was here. Our last night was spent at Renfro Valley Campground, only electric, sewer and cable available as they had not turned the water on yet for the season. It still worked fine for us. Just wish the weather had been better for us, had to run the furnace most every night, even in Florida! Happy travels to you.
2013 Thor Chateau 32 ft.

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
On our way to a from Florida, we normally overnight at the Clinton / Knoxville North KOA... Exit 122 off of I-75. Pull through Sites make it easy, and it's maybe a 1/2 mile east of the interstate.
Clinton / Knoxville KOA
2423 Andersonville Hwy
Clinton, TN 37716
865-494-9386

Have a great trip!
RVman3252
3252Px3 KZ Sportsmen Limited Triple Slide Fifth Wheel
Dodge Ram HD3500 CrewCab, Longbed 4x4 Cummins w/ PullRite Super 5th

Good Sam Life Member

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
KOA Cartersville GA.
Whispering Hills Georgetown, KY.

robogobucks
Explorer
Explorer
Whispering Hills in Georgetown Ky. It is a very ice park, has a pool, clean showers etc. That is our go to park

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
I don't usually stop on my way to Florida, but Kentucky Horse Park is right off 75 in Lexington.

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
KOA Corbin KY
KOA Cartersville GA

Have used both over the years.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
In Georgia, we stayed at High Falls State Park which is about 20 miles south of Atlanta and maybe 5 miles off I-75.The Riverside Campground has lots of large sites with water and electric hookups. They also have laundry facilities. When we were there it was about $30 a night.

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also, Fair Harbor in Perry, GA is an excellent park with a great restaurant nearby.... The Oil Lamp. FH is also Passport America. Exit 135.

Cordele KOA is EZ in/EZ out.. Exit 97. GA

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
LadyRVer wrote:
Renfro Valley, in KY

Harvest Moon in Adairsville, GA

Lake Park Campground, Lake Park, GA Exit 5

Ocala Sun, Ocala, FL Exit 341

We haven't stayed at the other two but have stayed at the two GA parks a few times and love both as quick in and out with large, long pull-throughs and great management.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
We have used a lot of KOAs, on our trips up and down the I75. Most have pull through sites, so you you donโ€™t have to unhook, if only staying the night. Weโ€™ve never had a bad experience at a KOA. Depending on time of day and weather, we usually use the most southern one in KY to dewinterize.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.