cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

pardon me if this isn't where it's supposed to be...

pedally
Explorer
Explorer
I was cruising along the Pacific Coast highway and noticed no campgrounds present. Not plotting a noticeable course, Is this correct? No good sam site, public or private campgrounds? That's a long trip without rest....

Life is a journey, not a destination
10 REPLIES 10

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
RV Park Reviews has a good map with campgrounds along the route and reviews from recent stays. Link: http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/california
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
pedally wrote:
Oooops...I was using the GS trip planner and did it wrong.

That's actually a pretty good app but some of the campgrounds it shows are ...mmmmm....not too "classy". ๐Ÿ˜‰

I like KOA and their trip planner. A bit more expensive but MUCH less likely to end up at a sub-standard place, I think.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
No need to apologize, no body knows everything, although some think they do.

Life may be a journey, but it's also a continuing education process. ๐Ÿ˜‰

pedally
Explorer
Explorer
Oooops...I was using the GS trip planner and did it wrong. I just followed highways 1 and 101 along the coast visually and didn't actually plot any waypoints so the campgrounds did not show up.

I'm still new to everything including Good Sam so forgive any faux pas.

Life is a journey, not a destination...

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Were you actually driving along the road, or using Google / GPS / internet to "cruise" the road? A lot of older campgrounds still don't have a big internet presence, so aren't easy to "find" on the internet.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
pedally wrote:
I was cruising along the Pacific Coast highway and noticed no campgrounds present. Not plotting a noticeable course, Is this correct? No good sam site, public or private campgrounds? That's a long trip without rest....

it would help if you posted what part of PCH you are talking about.:h

part of PCH is Highway 1 and part of it is Highway 101.

i've done it from San Diego to the Washington border and i'm not sure what part you are talking about.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google will be your best friend. We've also always found a CG along the coast from San Diego to the Can/US border. If you don't have a mifi hotspot, you would do well to get one. We use Verizon and can look into CGs while on a trip if needed. DW pre-books every single CG on our trips to make sure we aren't left in the lurch. Some CGs are fully booked weeks to months in advance.

If you think 101 is hard, try along the I-5 corridor...

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
pedally wrote:

Been on 101 from Seattle to San Diego and there were plenty of campgrounds where did you look
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kirk Creek? But yes, there are few places to camp -- the real estate is very expensive!!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Isn't big sur state park along that route?