cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Park Reviews

RICK-ards_Red
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure if this is the right forum for this but... how often are campgrounds reviewed by Good Sam? One place I was looking at was rated 10/10/10 and most reviews were good but I like to look at the bad ones too to get a feel for the place and the bad ones all mentioned the manager was mean, rude etc. Yes everyone has a bad day and some guests can bring out the worst in people but the dates spanned a couple of months, most recent was Feb 2021.

Just thinking - should I consider this park still or move on?
2017 Coachman Catalina 25RKS
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 - Kodiak edition
19 REPLIES 19

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam account representatives visit every Good Sam park every year. They do not 'review', they ' rate' based upon the 10/10/10 point system which is divided into 3 sections, that evaluate camp amenity, facility and sites.
Usually when they arrive in camp its unannounced, except for an email up to a week before that they will come soon. They drive and walk the camp and rate based upon their observations. When this is done they sit down with management, present their rating, proceed to listing and advertising.
In our 19 years, there was no discussion allowed on their rating. It cant be bought or altered.
One year after we had done extensive upgrades to all 3 categories our rating jumped 6 aggregate points. Within a week Ed and Jan Thierfelder, Good Sams Quality Assurance team checked in unannounced rated the camp, to verify our 9.5/10/9.5 .
Reviews about the camp on the GS link are from guests.

Ratings amd Reviews are apples and oranges apart. Opinions about rudeness or some other slight may be construed differently. Some want to be led by the hand, some are offended if help is extended. The customer is not always right, its why businesses have the right to refuse service.
Consider the region. being a extensively well traveled westerner, I would not call the New Yorker rude for being what is percieved for NYC. A New Yorker might be put off by the graciousness in the south, thinking it, intrusive.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
We did run into one office worker who could be classified as a stitch. My wife refuses to return to that location. It was based on more than one occasion.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Grain of salt situation. For me, if it has the location I want and most visitor submitted reviews are positive I would go. If the grounds are kept up and the sites are adequate then why not? I have never encountered a "rude" manager. I stop at the office, pay them and am on my way with usually no other contact with management. What does it take for a person to say the manager was rude? What kind of interaction took place is what I wonder. It's usually people who can't be pleased no matter what you do for them that post things like that. Go and enjoy yourselves.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't know GS reviewed Campgrounds.
Why not tell us the name of the CG you are considering? Maybe someone can furnish recent info.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I’ll overnight almost anywhere. Give it a try. Then write a review.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad