cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Parking while on a cruise

jorge3000
Explorer
Explorer
THe family and I are going on a disney cruise this summer. We were thinking about taking the TT and having an extended vacation on the way down there and back. I am wondering, does anyone have any suggestions as to where to park the TT while we are on the cruise? I cannot find anything on the Port Canaveral Parking that it allows for TT to be parked there while on a cruise.
14 REPLIES 14

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
How long is the cruise? You might simply want to make a reservation at a nearby RV park, get there, setup, go on the cruise, come back have a leisurely couple of days and head home. Probably not any more expensive than trying to find a place to park it.

If you do this ask first as most RV parks don't allow you to leave RV's in campsites like this.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

timandsusan
Explorer
Explorer
We have gone on extended mini-trips while on our usual 3-4 month RVing. Since we travel with a small freezer--we must have power. RV Parks are the only reliable alternative. So I disconnect the water line and store the water hose, turn AC to about 80, lock up the bikes, store my satellite antenna, and head off. Works great for us and I tell the park what I am doing. They have my cell # to call if they have questions.

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't been on a cruise but I have stayed at Jetty Park a few years in March. There are acres and acres of parking at Port Canaveral, never saw the lots even close to full. Mostly cars, but they certainly have room for RVs. Not sure of the rates, and there are advertisements from places farther away that claim to have lower prices who will shuttle you to the Port. May not work if you need to be plugged in, but a bit of Internet searching should give you some options.
2013 RT 190-Popular

ocean_bound
Explorer II
Explorer II
We went on a Royal Caribbean out of Canaveral and left our motorhome on the campsite in Saint Augustine at North Beach Campground Price wasn't much of a difference from leaving the motorhome on campground site then parking it in their parking lot call the campground office we would be gone for four days and put the slide outs in and shut the water off we felt better leaving it in a campground and then in a parking lot and having to shut down the fridge and empty it have fun with your cruise good luck
Allen&carrie 2006 georgetown XL359 37ft

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Jetty Park C.G. at Cape Canaveral is next to the cruise ship docks. It is an OK c.g. and at night we could watch the Disney Cruise ships come/go. Maybe this park would work for you.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
jorge3000 wrote:
Thanks for all the advice. I followed up on the camprground idea and found one that will let me store it with them for a flat rate for the week.

Store or have a site with power?
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

jorge3000
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the advice. I followed up on the camprground idea and found one that will let me store it with them for a flat rate for the week.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
How long is the cruise? You might simply want to make a reservation at a nearby RV park, get there, setup, go on the cruise, come back have a leisurely couple of days and head home. Probably not any more expensive than trying to find a place to park it.

This is what I would be thinking about. Even if you are gone a week it will be in a safe place. Just make sure to let the CG know what your plan is. So long as you are paying for a site they should not have an issue with it.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
When we took a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale 5 years ago we found a Hotel that offered truck parking and left our 40 foot 5th wheel there.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many campgrounds have storage, but if it were me, I would get an rv site, set up and leave it on site, plugged in with A/C set at 80, frig on and go on the cruz. Come back and be all set up for a couple days before taking off. I would rather have my rv in a park than sitting "parked" somewhere. I think there would be less chance of theft and vandalism.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't need power or refrigerator, and can shut it completely down, how about the airport in long term surface parking? Of course, you'd probably have to pay for more than one parking spot, or maybe they have parking spots for big rigs? Just a suggestion, you'll need to look into it.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II

mikim
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to call ahead to confirm.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Directions-Parking

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you going to empty the frig and park it "dry" or do you need to store it with power to run the frig and A/C (set around 80 degrees)? You certainly don't want to come back from a cruise to find a moldy frig or other damage from the heat and humidity down there. You might look into nearby storage facilities.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015