cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

permanent rv sites

schl44
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, we are recently retired and would like to find a pre owned rv already set up on a lot in some place warm like Texas or Arizona . I have heard there are brokers who specialize in selling these. I have done some computer searches and havent found anything. Can anyone point me in the right direction for locating these. Thanks for any help you can give!
11 REPLIES 11

schl44
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the very helpful information!

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Might not be in all of the RGV, but around here it is, "Make me an offer" time. With next year's rent coming up, less demand, and rent increases, it is definitely a buyer's market.

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Craig's list in areas you are interested in will have listings. Best bet is to go to areas that interest you and just drive all the parks looking for for sale signs and also check with the office.
pawatt

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
All really good information above. I'll just add two things. First find the location/park you really want to settle down in prior to plunking down cash. There are so many choices out there to settle for less is a mistake. Go travel around.

Second, IMO it is a buyers market out there. Parents are passing away leaving their winter places for their northern heirs to deal with. New retires are not filling up the parks as fast as the units are coming up for sale.

If you buy something less then what you want with the intent of upgrading in a few years you may find out you're stuck in that same buyers market.

But to answer your OP the best way to find a place is to locate where you want to spend the winters and then call the park office(s). They will normally have a list of units for sale, or know of them.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Don't you want to see some of this beautiful country? Why would you want to get a permanent site right off the bat. Try out some areas - every place is different.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

bjbear
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking for a permanent site and RV that you do not intend to move, you might want to think about a park model. Can be less than an RV and definitely maintains its value over time better than an RV. Not to mention much more comfortable. Check out the Apache Junction/Gold Canyon area.
2006 Monaco Camelot 42-DSQ
09 Blazer 20' Covered Trailer
Toad - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
My Website

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
We just had an older 5th. wheel go up for sale across from us today in Rockport, TX right on Copano bay! PM us for more info. What is really important here is the site itself. You can always upgrade the RV down the road. We know it is in ok shape and used for weekends by an older couple.

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
Sent you a private message. Be Sure to check the Green Gate Grove web site in Mission Texas.
pawatt

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Take a trip to the Yuma AZ area and look around, or look at the Yuma craigslist. There are well over 1000 RV lots in the foothills and in Yuma proper, with and without a park model or RV for sale and the RV parks all have rental lots that have park models for sale. In our park, you can buy a park model for anywhere from $10K to $50K and your annual lot rent is $1567.50

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
Drive down to the South of Texas and look around - there are hundreds of parks in the Valley. Stay in motels until you find what you want.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
look at fiestagrande.org there is a list of units for sale in the park in Casa Grande
Traveling with my best friend my wife!