cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Piney Campground

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any one familiar with Piney Campground in the Land Between the Lakes? According to their web site it's a pretty good size park. But there are no pictures of the sites, which I prefer. We are planning a couple of nights there on our way home in mid May, would it be worth it? How are the sites?  Level? Pads are paved/gravel? Wifi? How about cell signal? Are you on top of your neighbor? Etc,etc.
I did read reviews, but would like more input.
Thanks for any & all help/info.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
9 REPLIES 9

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Another positive vote for Piney. Plenty of space, well maintained, pretty scenic.
What more would anyone want?

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just a quick FYI we stayed at Hillman (on the north end) and Piney on the south end. We felt Piney was far superior. At the time of our visit Hillman shower houses were old and in need of some work. Hillman has more trees but our Dish Playmaker had to be moved several places to get service. At Piney one setup got us service.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for all the replies. They helped a bunch. It's on our list.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
Try landbetweenthelakes.us

Across the top of the page, look at 'See and Do' and select 'Camping'
There you can find Piney and go to that page.
There is info and a few pictures.

You can also see a map of the campground at landbetweenthelakes.us/visit/maps

We stayed at the other campground Hillman Ferry a number of years ago. it was very nice and setting was beautiful in the fall.

If you have time, drive up to nearby Grand Rivers, KY and visit the area Patti's 1880 Settlement (pattis1880s.com)...neat area with a good restaurant.

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
We stayed there a couple years ago and it was very nice. Nice , large , level sites with easy access. Very clean campground with a very attentive staff. It was a real ,quite and relaxing place with good walking areas. Bath houses were clean and well maintained too.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Is this it?

Piney Campground on Campendium
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
No Wi-Fi. Nice place. Cell service depends on the carrier.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
If this is in Montana, campsitephotos has some pics.
Piney CG is in Tennessee on Kentucky Lake, Part of the Land Between The Lakes Rec Area.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
If this is in Montana, campsitephotos has some pics.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman