cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Port of Newport Or (Annex?)

mtnbbud
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have any of you stayed at the Port of Newport RV park (OR) in the annex lot?

There's quite a price difference between the two. Do both sections include cable TV?

We'll be staying the end of August and won't be spending much time at the park. We mostly just need a place to park the trailer. Our first choice (South Beach SP) is booked up.
6 REPLIES 6

mtnbbud
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for your input! It looks like the Port of Newport doesn't fill up too fast, so I'm going to keep hoping for a cancellation at South Beach or Beverly Beach before making a res. at the port.

souraider
Explorer
Explorer
The annex park is across the street from the main park. We stayed there not knowing what it was like. It is not an overflow, you can choose to stay there if you want. It is much older and rather tight with dirt sites, and is loaded with the dreaded "goats head" weed. It has cable and showers, but when I go back I will stay in the main park.
'17 F350 STX 6.7
'15 Stealth WA2313
'20 Can Am Maverick Sport 1000R

haddy1
Explorer
Explorer
The main park is very nice as you can tell from their picture. The annex is just a place to park with hookups (I think).

I was there last May (2014) and I don't recall anyone being parked in the annex.
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH
2018 Grand Cherokee Toad

Halibut214
Explorer
Explorer
Last time I stayed there I learned where every little air leak in the entire rig was. All I had to do was go around and look for little piles of sand.
If you go in to Reserve America a couple times a day every day I can almost guarantee you a spot will open up at the state park. People start canceling usually about a week before there reservation date.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
You do not want the annex - it would be what I call an over flow lot

If price is a issue take it only

Try Beverly Beach SP just north of Newport too
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Why not give them a quick call?

South Beach office at (541) 867-3321
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro