cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

~Post your campsite photos here~

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Lately there has been a lot of interest in viewing photos of the sites that different campgrounds have to offer. Let's start posting them to this thread and if there seems to be enough interest, perhaps we can make the thread a permanent sticky.

If you have recently posted photos of this sort, please re-post them here. If you have new ones to share, please do!

Don't forget to label the photos: Campground name, site #'s if you know them, area of campground, etc.

Picture Posting Help

**A photo width of 500 works really well.

I am taking the liberty of copying here some recent photos submitted by member 'marites62'.

Fishing Bridge - This is site 60 in the B loop - back-in, full hookups (It can be tough for long trailers and 5th wheels):

More of the same site:

Colter Bay Village - This is site 40, Pull through, full hookups. It is at the end of the loop which was nice.

More of the same site:

Thanks,
Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP
3,570 REPLIES 3,570

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
This was a good one. Lake Lurleen SP, AL

Almost broke the bank at $18 for a lakeside spot with water & 30amp.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

ScottandCathy
Explorer
Explorer
Caesar's Creek SP(ohio) back in April. First trip out for the year.

06 Dodge Ram 2500HD MegaCab 4x4, Cummins I6 5.9 CIT, 3.73 gears
Prodigy brake controller, Reese dual cam sway/WD
08 Jayco Eagle 314BHDS

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
kknowlton wrote:
The Rafter J is close to Mt Rushmore - I want to say 10 miles at most, maybe. Very centrally located for all the many Black Hills sites. We stayed in the Ranch Camp ("Lower"? - can't remember, it's been a number of years), and it was a short hike uphill from our site to the bathhouse, perhaps 20-30 yards or so, IIRC. We liked the Ranch Camp & Island Camp areas best. Base Camp is closest to the main building & pool. Each of the "camps" is separated from the others by meadows and occasionally small clumps of woods; deer come out in the evening in the meadows. Very nice place.

kknowlton,

Thanks for this info also!
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Our Ford Explorer & Jayco Jay-Feather Hybrid Travel Trailer and Camping Photos--CLICK HERE!

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
carlstone05 wrote:

Rafter J is a great campground!! The bathhouse is so nice and clean that after checking it out we have been showering there rather than the trailer (a little more spacious). It is just across the road from Base Camp, I am not sure with the other camps here though. The pool is nice, and there is a hottub too.

Rapid City is around 22 miles and kind of out of the way. We did Reptile Gardens one day and went into Rapid to check things out. There are a few things to do there but not worth the drive, plus there is so much out here it will keep you busy. Mount Rushmore is 8 or 10 miles, a nice drive. Crazy Horse and Custer are only about 10-15 minutes too. The drive through Custer is really nice, with buffalo and wild donkey. Hill City is nice but there isn't much there, and Keystone is similar...tourist traps but you have to check them out. The 1880's train is a nice 2 hour trip through the Black Hills between Keystone and Hill City. If you have the time, Devils Tower in WY is really cool. It is a 2 hour drive but the time goes by quick with the beautiful scenery.

Hope this helps you out. Happy Camping
Carlstone

Carlstone,

Thanks so much for this additional info. We have been in this area before and really loved it. We even drove out for a full day at The Badlands. We have also gone up to Devils Tower...awesome!
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Our Ford Explorer & Jayco Jay-Feather Hybrid Travel Trailer and Camping Photos--CLICK HERE!

carlstone05
Explorer
Explorer
monakayk wrote:

Carlstone,

Thanks for sharing your photos! Looks like you had a great campsite.

BTW...we were thinking of staying at Rafter J CG while touring SD, and wonder if you could tell me more about the CG. How were the bath-houses, campsite sizes, etc.

We were interested in either the Main Camp, Ranch Camp or The Island area of the CG. How far are the bath-houses located to theses areas, if you know?

How far from Rapid City & Mt. Rushmore was the CG?

Rafter J is a great campground!! The bathhouse is so nice and clean that after checking it out we have been showering there rather than the trailer (a little more spacious). It is just across the road from Base Camp, I am not sure with the other camps here though. The pool is nice, and there is a hottub too.

Rapid City is around 22 miles and kind of out of the way. We did Reptile Gardens one day and went into Rapid to check things out. There are a few things to do there but not worth the drive, plus there is so much out here it will keep you busy. Mount Rushmore is 8 or 10 miles, a nice drive. Crazy Horse and Custer are only about 10-15 minutes too. The drive through Custer is really nice, with buffalo and wild donkey. Hill City is nice but there isn't much there, and Keystone is similar...tourist traps but you have to check them out. The 1880's train is a nice 2 hour trip through the Black Hills between Keystone and Hill City. If you have the time, Devils Tower in WY is really cool. It is a 2 hour drive but the time goes by quick with the beautiful scenery.

Hope this helps you out. Happy Camping
Carlstone
2020 RAM 2500 Bighorn diesel
Looking for a toyhauler

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Rafter J is close to Mt Rushmore - I want to say 10 miles at most, maybe. Very centrally located for all the many Black Hills sites. We stayed in the Ranch Camp ("Lower"? - can't remember, it's been a number of years), and it was a short hike uphill from our site to the bathhouse, perhaps 20-30 yards or so, IIRC. We liked the Ranch Camp & Island Camp areas best. Base Camp is closest to the main building & pool. Each of the "camps" is separated from the others by meadows and occasionally small clumps of woods; deer come out in the evening in the meadows. Very nice place.
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
carlstone05 wrote:
Our site at Rafter J in Hill City SD...9-16 Jun 07.
This is Base Camp.

Carlstone,

Thanks for sharing your photos! Looks like you had a great campsite.

BTW...we were thinking of staying at Rafter J CG while touring SD, and wonder if you could tell me more about the CG. How were the bath-houses, campsite sizes, etc.

We were interested in either the Main Camp, Ranch Camp or The Island area of the CG. How far are the bath-houses located to theses areas, if you know?

How far from Rapid City & Mt. Rushmore was the CG?
HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well now, here is a DIFFERENT one. Visiting friends at a marina a few weeks ago

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

carlstone05
Explorer
Explorer
Our site at Rafter J in Hill City SD...9-16 Jun 07.
This is Base Camp.

2020 RAM 2500 Bighorn diesel
Looking for a toyhauler

kknowlton
Explorer II
Explorer II
This past weekend: site #12, Kohler-Andrae SP, Wisconsin. We had perfect weather!!
2020 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L V8 w/ tow pkg, Equal-i-zer
2020 Lance 2375

ILLTravler
Explorer
Explorer

First weekend out 5/26/07 Johnson sauk trail SP Kewanee IL
11 Chevy 3500 long bed EXT CAB 6.6 4X4
2005 Host 8.6 Bachelor SS TC
97 BRYANT BOAT

Blackhawk_19
Explorer
Explorer
Lake Guntersville State Park Alabama, site B-24, very unlevel but I got
satellite reception. Still was not level with all this

David & June and 1 Shih Tzu (the Boss)
2006 Damon Challenger 372 Triton V10
2006 Saturn Ion 3 Toad

Do not fear the enemy, for your enemy can only take your life. It is far better that you fear the media, for they will steal your HONOR.

Cyndi_H
Explorer
Explorer

East Fork Campground (Rock Creek), California
Site 129
My blog: Wanderlust

'08 Keystone Sprinter 250RBS travel trailer
'10 Nissan Titan

monakayk
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished camping over Memorial Day weekend up in Rocky Mt. Nat'l. Park in Glacier Basin CG. Below are photos of our campsite---Loop A #24.

To read a review of the campground...click the link below:
REVIEW--->Click Here!

HAPPY CAMPING!!
Mona K

JGRVING
Explorer
Explorer
Old Federal Campground, Lake Lanier, GA

JENNIFER AND DUANE
BUFORD, GA
'10 STARCRAFT TRAVELSTAR 217RBSS
2002 GMC 2500 HD 6.0 4x4 4.10
SO MANY PLACES, SO LITTLE TIME